Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

The Round Hayling Race is our big event, and this year we have a record number of clubs intending to compete including several gig clubs, Richmond Bridge, Lower Thames and the St Ayles skiff from Blakeney. Avery A may be coming too.
So we need to put up a strong showing. Tim has been assembling a crew for Bembridge, and I believe the GRR crew for Mabel is committed as well.
Who else wants to row? Please post here, including which type of boat you are interested in.

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

Andy Mac
I would love to be a part of this one Chris.
Getting out at least twice per week and working on technique, stamina and fitness. Prepared to put the training in on day and evening thrashes.
Happy to crew in Galley, Claydon or Teifi please.

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

Marcus and I both want to row. We are are happy to row a galleys, I would be happy in a teifi but know it may not be suitable round the front.

RE: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

Jenny

Hi Chris
Yes as you said Team Mabel would like to enter and we have our full team.
Thanks
Jenny

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

The Round Hayling Race is our big event, and this year we have a record number of clubs intending to compete including several gig clubs, Richmond Bridge, Lower Thames and the St Ayles skiff from Blakeney. Avery A may be coming too.
So we need to put up a strong showing. Tim has been assembling a crew for Bembridge, and I believe the GRR crew for Mabel is committed as well.
Who else wants to row? Please post here, including which type of boat you are interested in.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Round-Hayling-Race-on-Sunday-5-July-tp4390.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

RE: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

That's great - could you post a list of the crew, please?

RE: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

Jenny

Team Mabel crew :
Richard Harrison
Mark Taylor
Alan Harding
Sue Martin
Dawn Thisby
Jenny Myles

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Round-Hayling-Race-on-Sunday-5-July-tp4390p4400.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

Rachel Norris
Chris I think Louise is trying to put together a mixed crew for Langston lady which might include me but either way I would definitely like to do round hayling please

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

nigel
I'd like to row in this event

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

June ekberg
Interested if there is space in a galley. Have not rowed the 'round Hayling' before!  Thanks. June

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

As far as I am aware, we now have two boats filled:
Bembridge
Tim, Colin, Errol, Ian, Steve
Mabel
Richard, Mark, Alan H, Sue, Dawn, Jenny.

The following have expressed an interest in rowing:
Andy, Christine, Marcus, Rachel, Louise, June, Nigel, me.

Eight people. It would be nice to field all three galleys - WE NEED MORE! Please post here if you want to join in.

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

Teri
Hi Chris,  I'm definitely up for it - but like Rachel I was possibly part of Lou's Langstone Lady /GRR crew if they were  up for the Round the Island ...........  :-)  .................but if they're not, please count me in on a galley crew.

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

Annika Loh has volunteered for a galley so we now have a very good women's crew for Langstone Lady:
Christine, Victoria, Rachel, Annika. Cox: me (though this may change).

We now have enough people to crew Sallyport as well:
Marcus, June, Nigel, Andy, Teri, Lou.

Have I forgotten anybody?

Let's get out for some training! Sunday morning will be an ideal opportunity...

Re: Round Hayling Race on Sunday 5 July

Andy Mac
Many thanks Chris
Confirm Sunday training.
See you in the morning for breakfast row.