Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

This...

is parked off Gosport.
After consulting with Geoff, whose plans for the mid-week row are unaltered, I want in addition to take Mabel to launch from Lee-on-the-Solent and row round USS Theodore Roosevelt, a distance of about 8 miles so experienced rowers for this please.
The plan is to meet at the boat park at noon, tow to Lee, launch at about 13.00, recover at about 15.00, return to Langstone approx 16.00.
Anyone interested?

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Andrew B
Yes please Chris.
Andrew

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Debbie B
Ditto for me pls Chris

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

I'd have loved to do this one, Chris, in spite of the restrictions (tide, traffic and traffic wardens!) but I'm committed elsewhere....

Remember that anchorage No.8 isn't very far from shore AND the main traffic lane through the Solent. There's a lot of traffic scheduled at the times proposed (some -politically?- interesting -"Anvil Point" *, is off to the Falklands) but several large incoming (and some outgoing) boats with rolling exclusion zones around them.
  This, combined with an exclusion zone of 150m aroung the 333m long Roosevelt, and 1 to 2 knot tide flowing at ca 290 deg. will make a circumnavigation difficult without upsetting someone...especially on the south side of the Carrier.

Extract from QH Portsmouth Notices to Mariners:
<<Police craft will be in attendance with the vessel to enforce the requirements of this Local Notice to Mariners [ LNTM 31/15 ]. They will be clearly identifiable and will be acting on the authority of the Queen’s Harbour Master. All vessels are to comply with their instructions. In accordance with General Direction 02/15 (Keep Clear of Warship Alongside or at Anchor) exceptionally for this vessel, a 150 metres exclusion zone is designated while the vessel is at anchor in the Solent and will be enforced. >>

*http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2088922

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Jackie Tutt
Hi Chris

Would like to join you please
Many thanks
Jackie

RE: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Jenny

Yes please Chris

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

This...

is parked off Gosport.
After consulting with Geoff, whose plans for the mid-week row are unaltered, I want in addition to take Mabel to launch from Lee-on-the-Solent and row round USS Theodore Roosevelt, a distance of about 8 miles so experienced rowers for this please.
The plan is to meet at the boat park at noon, tow to Lee, launch at about 13.00, recover at about 15.00, return to Langstone approx 16.00.
Anyone interested?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Row-round-USS-Theodore-Rooseveldt-on-Weds-tp3486.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Geoff Shilling
I can't understand this on obsession with big metal boxes. I suppose this one has planes as well. Geoff

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

We'll get some great photos, Geoff. And yes, this one has planes (unlike our shiny new carriers).

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Sue Martin
And me please, looks like there's room.
Sue

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Excellent - we now have a full boat and the weather looks good. See you all at noon!

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

Jackie Tutt
Thanks Chris for organising a fantastic afternoons rowing and for giving me the opportunity to cox. Sorry we did not get back in time to help but I advised Andrew to take a short cut to avoid the traffic which took in Hill Head, Stubbington and Titchfield and yet more traffic!

Re: Row round USS Theodore Rooseveldt on Weds?

That's fine, Jackie - we understood. I had a jolly good time and so did you, evidently: