Rowing at a regular time

Dear members,
                 In the survey we did after the last AGM one of the questions we asked was whether members would be interested in being able to row at a fixed time, not dependant on the tide, for example for fitness or race training. There was some interest expressed and we have looked into the viability. The cost of keeping a boat at Northney marina would be about £2000 per year. This cost would need to be covered by the people using the boat, probably by paying higher pin money. Obviously for this to work we would need quite a few members to commit to regular rowing. Please could you post below if this is something you would be interested in.

Thank you

Re: Rowing at a regular time

Elizabeth
This post was updated on .
Most definitely. Count me in. It'll be worth it. Thank you.

Re: Rowing at a regular time

Karen Bakovljev
Yes. Very interested

Re: Rowing at a regular time

The age profile of our club is that probably 90 percent of regular rowers are retired and can fit in with the rhythms of the tides to allow adequate access to rowing,  even when training for races.  I think that if the age profile of the club were to reduce and more working age people were to join,  this would be a viable proposal.

Is there some flexibility at northney whereby a craft could be kept at a marina for part of a year to cope with demand of a series of training events required? In the early days of the club,  we kept one of the claydons  at sparks marina in the month prior to the grr.

Also,  is this proposal for pontoon berthing, or launching from the slip? My reason for asking is that if the latter,  I belive a vehicle with tow bar is required,  and this would reduce universal access.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Rowing at a regular time

Jacky Griffin
Yes I should be very interested.

Re: Rowing at a regular time

Phil P
I would be very interested in a regular early morning row
Phil

Re: Rowing at a regular time

Lynn Murray
Yes Chris and I would be interested

Re: Rowing at a regular time

sianbaker
I would be interested too.  Especially regular evening rows if they were feasible as I work Tues through to Saturday. Sorry for late response