SEA POLLUTION MEMO

ron and cheryl
SEA POLLUTION MEMO Hi all, a friend of mine let me have this memo from the Final Straw Foundation regarding the sea pollution in the waters we row.

Maybe worth discussion at the AGM!

Re: SEA POLLUTION MEMO

Kevin Bunting
Very worrying. I have recently contacted Alan Mak MP regarding the number of sewage dumps by the water companies which I get on a phone app. I think we should as individuals and a group user make representation on the matter. The louder you shout, the more likely we are to be heard.

Re: SEA POLLUTION MEMO

Hi All,
 Yesterday the Havant Climate alliance issued this poster, which may interest you.
This coming week, on Wednesday, the council are considering the matter and you might wish to express a view (to them)!  {see below} {last line in the news item below is a link to the poster about this matter}

Last month Southern Water managed to submit a "management plan" which (unfortunately) means that some or all of the proposals WILL be implemented at some stage in the future. Thus, unless there is a concerted and loud objection by as many people as possible, the re-direction of the waters being discussed will proceed.
Dear Nigel

Did you know that Southern Water are proposing to take the final effluent from the Budds Farm Sewage Treatment Works (STW), undertake additional treatment at a new plant at Broadmarsh in Havant, then discharge this recycled water into the Havant Thicket Reservoir to mix with the spring water?

It seems that most Havant residents don’t know about this yet but it will affect all Portsmouth Water customers.

We have lots of concerns about safety, cost and the environmental impact. You can find out more about them on the Havant matters website. https://havantmatters.org/water/. Please do take some time to see what’s involved and let other people know. There’s a poster to share on the website.

There is a Southern Water consultation out at the moment with a closing date of 20th Feb and we’d like thousands of people to respond. The links are the website. However, the most important action you can take is to respond to Defra, the organisation which can exert the most pressure on Southern Water to change or re-evaluate their plans. There’s lots of guidance on the Havant Matters website to explain what to do.

On Wednesday afternoon, we are handing in a letter to councillors before the HBC Council meeting and will be supplying them with bottles holding key information. Do join us if you can. It’s at 3.00 at the Plaza. Email havclimate’gmail.com if you can come.

https://actionnetwork.org/s3_files/uploads/data/000/737/994/original/Reservoir.png