Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Barry Scott
Can anybody who is near Langstone harbour take view on the weather/wind tomorrow morning with a view to deciding whether a row is advisable or not.
It was pretty windy here today where we are north of Denmead.

Thanks
Barry

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Yes please to someone deciding, no point in me grabbing a train in if we’re not on.
And if we are rowing, are we still bringing picnic stuff?….I have Prosecco and Prawns chilling in the fridge overnight if so!

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Sat July 2 XC Weather

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

michael
BBC Weather Sat July 2

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Beaufort Scale

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Lesley Kent
“Your mission should you wish to accept it”.
Our weather exposure with SW wind is initially across Langstone, for our return it will be a tail wind.
We are happy to go if anyone else is. Michael and Lesley

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

But Wind Guru

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Lesley Kent
I do not want to go in that.

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

michael
Nor do I.

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Claire Tomlinson
So is row off?

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Pete Reed
Maureen and I have decided to not go out.
Pete

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

As l can't be there I feel I can't decide. What do people think?

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

tombennettx@gmail.com
Langstone harbour was full of white tops yesterday with the same sort of wind as today. Top of Portsmouth harbour will be the same so I won't be going that way. I'm happy to turn up for row to Emsworth though for a bit of exercise.

We are up for an Emsworth row.
Michael and Lesley

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Claire Tomlinson
I’m up for an Emsworth row.

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Steve F
In the current circumstances we will give the rowing a miss today. Steve & Ally

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Prosecco on Emsworth quay sound good to anyone?
Are we still meeting at 12:30?
Or is there not enough of us now?

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Barry Scott
This post was updated on .
Emsworth it is,

(The forecast is for a weak shower front to come from the west, so the Met Office, BBC and Wind Guru are giving  making different forecast - although I just checked Wind Guru it is now gone down from a 6 to a 5 maximum.)

Are we still going to meet at 12.30, HW is about 3pm?

Barry

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Sorry, ignore my last message.
Just spoke to friends at the Witterings today and they said how blustery it is - it’s a bit of a faff for me to get there and back by train if it’s only a short, hard going row.
The Prosecco will hold until next time!!

If you do go out have a good row…and stay safe!!
See you all soon

Re: Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Tessa Collings
Happy to row to Emsworth. As high tide is 3.00 are we meeting at 1.00
123