Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Marcus Ball
Big tides this weekend!
High water on Saturday is about 12.45 so we will meet at the Mill at
10.30 where we should encounter bright conditions and moderate westerly
breezes.
As there is plenty of water we will head to HISC for refreshments and disturb the yachtsmen.
Picnicing on the beach a definite option depending on exact conditions on the day!

Sign up in the normal way if you wish to come.
Marcus

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Nigel
Yes, please.

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Hi Marcus, Ron and Cheryl please ~ Cheers

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Me too please.

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Annika
Is there any chance a Tefi or a sliding seat sculling boat is going to be available for the Saturday excursion?  I would like to join in if so.  My mum or dad will be able to row too or cox if you trust them????

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

It is the Dinghy Cruising Association's winter meet on Saturday which includes a daysail in Langstone Harbour, so I am planning to head in that direction. If you wanted to adjust your plans (westward ho!) I will come with you, otherwise I will take Kittiwake.

Chris

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Hi Marcus ,
Can you put me down for a possible maybe , not well at the moment but hope to be fit ish for the Sat row.
Ta ..... Les...🚣 😞

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Hi Annika,
I will be along for the Saturday row, but I will be going to the cafe at Southsea Marina to meet up with some friends who will be daysailing in Langstone Harbour. If you would like to come with your mum or dad (or both) we can take a Teifi. I am hoping the Saturday row might like to change plans and come along as well, in which case there would be other people who could take a turn sculling if you parent(s) wanted to go in a galley.
It is a reasonably long row but you are capable of doing it, I think.
Chris

BTW we trust your parents to cox!

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Marcus Ball
Chris.

Predictions are for 14 knot NW winds with 18 knot gusts at 12 tomorrow so I think Langstone Harbour will be too rough (although lots of fun for the dingy sailors).

With you we currently have 8 interested parties so an ideal number for a teifi and galley.

I will continue with plan A as the route to HISC will be sheltered by Hayling much of the way.

Annika. Very happy for you to row in a Teifi. Do you have a life jacket as I think with winter conditions the Teifi rowers should at least have them in the boat if the breeze is a stiff as suggested.

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Annika
Claudia and my mum are coming so hope that is ok.  See you tomorrow.

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Annika
Hello Chris, Thank you.  Claudia, mum and I will come along at 10.30 and see which direction is the preferred one for everyone.

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Hi All, We will meet as planned. It will be a stiff cold breezy so warm clothing life jackets any other good precautions etc.  Anyone else wanting to come feel free, hoping for both rowing and sculling, to suit all comers.
Christine on Marcus's behalf.

Re: Saturday 21st February Excursion Row

Sorry Marcus ,won't be able to make the row tomorrow .
Achou,achou.achou, I'm afraid ......Les.😭