Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row UPDATED

Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row UPDATED

Dave M
This post was updated on .
High tide on Saturday is at 16:57 so we will meet just before 14:50 to ready boats.

We will head to Emsworth and partake in Emsworth Slipper Sailing Club's Tea on the Quay for tea and cakes. This is an ideal opportunity to indulge in home-made cakes whilst at the same time supporting ESSC's chosen charities.

Please see our post on 12:51 on 19th May for a change to this row.

On the return journey we will have a row up the harbour and back to the Mill as part of an important scientific experiment, namely to ascertain whether eating cakes can improve your rowing or not.

Sign up in the usual way.

Dave and Jenny

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Tessa Collings
Yes please Teasa

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

James Griffin
yes please for Alyson & I

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Hi Dave. Would it be possible for you to use Claydons and the Celtic for this row please as the Galleys are on the double trailer ready for the Cockleshell challenge on Sunday?

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Yes please for me Dave. Thanks Nigel.

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Margaret
Yes please from me, thanks
Margaret

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

John Child
Yes please Dave. Thanks John

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Dave M
Hi Rachel

No problems (I write with gritted teeth!!!) re. the Claydons.

I assume they are still on their trailers, but if we take one or both, they should be returned to the moorings?

Dave

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

That would be perfect Dave ( I write with a huge smile on my face  remembering a Cockleshell challenge in a Claydon and a very strong tide )

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Also Dave I know this is really cheeky but could I borrow your lifejackets for Sunday please?

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Jenny Myles
Hi Rachel
Re. your post about the life jackets.
As much as we would like to help, our life jackets are quite a few years old now probably 7 years, and never been serviced. Sorry but we wouldn't want to lend them out and carry the responsibility of them not working.
Jenny

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Hi Jenny, thank you totally understand that

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Liz Hall
Can John and I come please. We don't mind rowing a Claydon

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Wendy and Stephen
Yes please for Stephen and Wendy - Gladys is my favourite 😍

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Mark Taylor
Dave,  I have a prior commitment earlier in the day and I don't know when it will finish.  But if space permits,  I would like to join in and am willing to be a guinea pig in your cake consumption trials.  However,  if spaces are limited,  as I understand they could be,  as everyone will want to be in a Claydon,  then please leave me off  the list. I could always cycle over and join you in Emsworth and extend your cake trial to cycling performance.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Dave M
Hi Mark

I will count you in. If you are not there by just after 15:00 we will just carry on and hopefully meet you at Emsworth. I will try and save some space to accommodate you (but maybe not your bike) for the return journey.

Cheers

Dave

Just for info:
A lady called Kirsten will be joining the row on Saturday. She attended the open day row.

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row

Dave M
Sorry to disappoint everyone who has posted but ESSC have moved their Tea on the Quay to Sunday between 15:00 and 17:00.

We will still do the same course (i.e. to Emsworth with longer row afterwards) but will head to Flintstones for an alternative "tea on the quay" (other refreshment establishments are available in Emsworth if you prefer something stronger).

We would have looked at arranging a row on Sunday (with our more limited stock due to the Cockleshell Heroes race) but with a high tide of just after 18:00, we would not have sufficient time to get to Emsworth in order to indulge.

If anyone fancies a nice stroll along the waterfront at Emsworth on Sunday with a stop for tea and cake, ESSC would be very pleased to see us.

Dave and Jenny

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row UPDATED

Yes please.

Re: Saturday 21st May 14:50 Excursion Row UPDATED

Am I too late for this row? Would like to join if there is a space?
12