Saturday, 29th March Excursion to Porchester Castle (and back!)

Saturday, 29th March Excursion to Porchester Castle (and back!)

Damian Grounds
Banned User
Hi All,

I have been given this Saturday's 'Excursion Row' to organise, so I thought we could make the most of the mid-morning high tide of 10.24hrs and good tides to row over to Porchester Castle for a quick snack and enjoy the architecture and the spectacular harbour views along the way.

It will be a rather long row each way; about 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 each way, so we would need to leave as near to 08:00hrs as possible, so if you are interested, could you please arrive 15-20 minutes earlier so we can get organised in time. Please bring water, food rations, plenty of clothing and waterproofs, just in case!

In the event of foul weather, there is a 'Plan B' and if that isn't suitable, there is also a 'Plan C' (which is to go home)!!! I'll do a weather update on Friday.

Please post your interest here!

All the best,
Damian

Re: Saturday, 29th March Excursion to Porchester Castle (and back!)

Les Goodall
Hi Ho,Damian,
If it's off to porchester we go,I would like to join you.It looks like an interesting row & I am looking
forward to this excursion.Or plan 'B' not 'C'.I will be there before 8.00.
Happy Days.............
......Les...................

Re: Saturday, 29th March Excursion to Porchester Castle (and back!)

Damian Grounds
Banned User
Okay Les. See you Saturday.

Re: Saturday, 29th March Excursion to Porchester Castle (and back!)

Geoff
Time I went rowing. Geoff. See you at 8

Re: Saturday, 29th March Excursion to Porchester Castle (and back!)

Damian Grounds
Banned User
WEATHER UPDATE

It looks like tomorrow morning might even be sunny and about 13C. There might be the odd gust or two... Adding a little more fun to the adventure.

That's it for now. I'll update again this evening.

Re: Saturday, 29th March Excursion to Porchester Castle (and back!)

Geoff
Hi Damion. Bosun duties have got in the way so I am pulling out of tomorrow's row. Mabel has to be launched. Bembridge turned and the trailer loaded with another boat to take to the trailer repair man. Geoff

Re: Saturday, 29th March Excursion to Porchester Castle (and back!)

Damian Grounds
Banned User
CANCELLATION!

It is with great regret that I have to announce the cancellation of tomorrow's adventure to Portchester Castle due to a lack of crew members coming forward.

If anybody would like to join Elaine Parkin and her IOW training crew; they are more than welcome to join her for 08:30hrs at the boat park. Please let her know if you wish join her at - emdparkin@btinternet.com