High tide on Saturday is at 15.41 (Chi harbour entrance) at 4.5m. Winds are predicted to be very variable during Saturday. Current forecast shows winds gusting 36 knots (Force 8) in the morning dropping after lunch to just 11 knot gusts then increasing later in the afternoon back to 32 knots (a good Force 7) all west / south westerly.
The row will only go out if there is a suitable weather window and in the circumstances it will be a trip aimed at experienced rowers capable of rowing hard against a strongish wind which might pick up rapidly. I will decide a route on Saturday given prevailing conditions but we are unlikely to stop anywhere as we will need to keep an eye on the weather. For those wondering whether to sign up please consider it to be more of a training type row than a purely recreational event.
Given the weather window currently seems to be closer to lunch I suggest we aim to leave as soon as it is possible to launch the boats which should be about 13.45.
Oh and it might well be raining!
Please let me know if you're up for the challenge.