Saturday Coffee row

Richard Harrison
Hi
This Saturday we hope to have a row in support of Shelley's coffee morning.  The idea is to meet at 9am and then row down the harbour and back for 90 mins or so before calling in and having coffee and cake at Northney in support of the Cancer coffee morning that Shelley is running.   After coffee and cake we will return to Langstone around 12.-12.30
Do post of you would like to join this row.

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Les Goodall
See you there at 9.0
..... Les

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Teri
Definitely and "yes please" Richard.

Re: Saturday Coffee row

nigel
And please include me in the perambulation,- or should I say, perremigation - on Saturday!
Thanks
Nigel.

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Yes for me please.

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Shellz
Thank you lovely rowers for coming along to support this event.

Details of the delights you can expect include:

Teri's sticky ginger cake, Julia's Victoria sponge and lemon drizzle, Chris's Dutch apple cake and a very special treat for our four legged friends - liver cake!

Homemade jam from Robina, glittery cupcakes from me. Crafty crafts from Ali, cake from Kim, more cake from Jackie, Debbie, Sarah, gosh I've probably left someone out!

The finest tea and coffee making skills from my lovely rowing friends, chocolate biscuits to dunk.

Then the games: an "instant win" (or not!) raffle with prizes that include glowsticks, bags of sweets, bottles of wine, useful household items, quirky "why not" nick nacks. Count the spots on the cake or guess the number of marshmallows in the jar (all with prizes too!).

If I'm lucky (and you too) and can get hold of them in time, some super stylish African beaded sandals with a donation from each sale to Macmillan.

If you need a comfy sit down, there will be sheepy sheep sheep skins too, same price as always (£18) but I will be giving £2 from each sale to Macmillan.

All monies go to Macmillan Cancer Charity. They have been an immense help to me over the last five months and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to give back to them.  All cakes and prizes are either donated by club members and friends or bought as donations by me.

See you there!

10:30 to around 2/2:30 (as long as the cake lasts!).  Mens rowers - you can get cake and coffee during the set up phase, you are not forgotten!

Thanks in advance

Shel x

PS It's not too late to donate either cake or raffle prizes - just bring them along on Saturday morning, early as you can or let me know and I may be able to collect Friday afternoon.  If you're a local business, I will endeavour to get you a thankyou mention in next month's Hayling Islander. Yes, bribery!! :D

If you can't make it, a cash donation of something like what you'd spend on your favourite coffee or cake would also be hugely appreciated.

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Shellz
On a practical note, I am speaking to the marina about tying up on the work pontoon within the marina so that you don't have to leave the boats on the beach. I will advise Richard Harrison once I know what the marina will offer.

Happy rowing!

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Frances
Hello, I'd like to come on the row pls 9am.

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Seeing that you now have a crew I will stand down and just eat cake, see you all later😎

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Marcus and I would like to come too. Thanks

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Shelley, sorry we can't be there as off to row the Paris Traversée in the Skiff.

But have a lovely day and put vic and down for £10 for the cause!!

Cheers,

On 25 Sep 2015 3:35 am, "Shellz [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Saturday-Coffee-row-tp5525p5533.html

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Jenny

Hi Shelley
We are still in the Lake District however we will eat cake and donate 10 pounds and I have 10 pounds from my sister Sue too. So catch up with you next week to give it to you x

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Shellz [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

On a practical note, I am speaking to the marina about tying up on the work pontoon within the marina so that you don't have to leave the boats on the beach. I will advise Richard Harrison once I know what the marina will offer.

Happy rowing!

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Saturday-Coffee-row-tp5525p5534.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Saturday Coffee row

marilyn Rogers
And me, Marilyn.

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Richard Harrison
Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow
cheers

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Hi Shelley, Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I am away this weekend hiking the 1066 way.

Here's wishing you all a very happy and enjoyable day and once you have all feasted on much cake and decadence, I think that two hours hard labour in a gig should be the order of the day.

I have transferred a tenner contribution to your bank account Shelley, in support of this very fine cause.

Have a great day everyone.

Best

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Claudia
Hello Everyone,
I hope it's not too late to join. I'd really like to support such a brilliant charity!
Thanks, Claudia

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Shellz
Thanks Andy, I confirm the funds are in my bank account and I've logged them to my collection page as an "offline donation" along with another bit of cold cash I was handed today.

If anyone cannot attend but would like to sacrifice their daily latte or cappuccino (and perhaps a slice of cake) and pass the money to Macmillian instead, you can do so here:  www.justgiving.com/Shelley-Cook1

For those of you that can come tomorrow - I think it's two full galleys - HURRAH!!

I have arranged with the marina and confirmed with Richard Harrison that the working pontoon should be available for safe mooring.  If however this changes, I will have a runner looking out for you at around 11am to let you know where to park.

Now I'd best get back to my baking, still a few cakes to go....

Happy days.

Shel :)

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Shellz
So I've heard. I hope it's a good trip.

You can donate easily and efficiently by following this link:  www.justgiving.com/Shelley-Cook1

Cheers

<quote author="Mike Gilbert">
Shelley, sorry we can't be there as off to row the Paris Traversée in the
Skiff.

But have a lovely day and put vic and down for £10 for the cause!!

Cheers,

Re: Saturday Coffee row

Richard Harrison
Welcome along too Claudia