Saturday Excursion Row

Marcus Ball
Preliminary announcement for Saturday.

Looks good for an evening row with high tide (4.3m) at 8.30pm.
Looking at pressure charts going into the week we might be lucky with some fine weather and light SE winds. If this remains the case the plan will be to leave the Mill at 6.30 pm for an evening jaunt, perhaps across Langstone Harbour to the Harvester.

Please indicate interest in the usual way.

Regards

Marcus

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

Andy Mac
Great idea Marcus
Andy please

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

Yes please, me too!

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

Andy Mac
Saturday forecast looking good with breezy westerlies before rain Sunday.

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

And me, please!

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

Yes please for the evening row, Marilyn.

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

I'd like to come this evening, though I can't say that the prospect of the food on offer is the main attraction! With that and the prospect of f4 WSW perhaps there are other gastronomic destinations?

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

Hi Marcus

Seeing Met Off forecast for Sat eve row predicting WSW 14-18 mph, I assume that we will be heading off down Chichester harbour?

If that is the case, is there anywhere along the eastern side of Hayling worth exploring such as Mill or Mengham Rithe?

Would it be worth taking a picnic along with each of us bringing something to share?

Or are HISC and Piranha bar the only viable destinations down that side of the harbour?

See you for 6.30

Best

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

Marcus Ball
Yes. The Easterly winds came earlier than I expected at the start of the week so we will
stay in Chichester Harbour. I think we should take our own snacks/ picnics / drinks and explore east Hayling.

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

Andy Mac
Thanks Marcus

Will pick up some bits and piece sand see you all later.

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

nigel
Just got back from  safety duties at Westhampnet, feeling drained, so a) haven't had time to collect the necessary, and b) have just been offered an indian at Emsworth, so reluctantly am dropping out. Hope you are still OK numbers wise.

Re: Saturday Excursion Row

Super evening row Marcus for which many thanks.
Good company plus THREE seals invading OUR harbour.
How dare they?