Saturday Row - 8th November - Lunch in Emsworth

Saturday Row - 8th November - Lunch in Emsworth

Ian Maclennan
Hello Cutters,

On Saturday 8th November there is a good tide close to midday (1153 hrs. 5.0m) and so lunch in Emsworth is on the programme.

I am proposing to meet at 10.30 a.m. and aim to be in Emsworth by 12 noon at the latest.  Lunch at the Blue Bell on South Street - check out their menu here.

We will then repair to the boats for the return trip at 1 p.m. prompt, which should allow us to be back at Langstone in the 2 - 2.30 p.m. window at the latest, and hopefully just before the forecast heavy showers.

Weather is supposed to be clement as I type (light cloud only, 13C but with quite a stiff southerly wind of 25 mph....), but heavy showers coming in around 2 p.m. - if you believe the BBC's crystal ball.

Those interested please reply to this thread and I will try to reserve an early table at the Blue Bell.  The quicker you sign up, the more likely it is you will get a seat at the table!

Please watch this thread and posts to it re: progress of the event.  If the weather turns uncomfortable I will make a separate post to cancel by 9 a.m. on the day.

See you there!  Ian

Re: Saturday Row - 8th November - Lunch in Emsworth

Christine
Marcus and I would like to come. Thank you.

Re: Saturday Row - 8th November - Lunch in Emsworth

Yes please Ian, kind regards Tim

Re: Saturday Row - 8th November - Lunch in Emsworth

Alan Harding
Hi Ian,

Yes please for me.

Thanks,

Alan H

Re: Saturday Row - 8th November - Lunch in Emsworth

Teri Baker
Yes please Ian.

Re: Saturday Row - 8th November - Lunch in Emsworth

Me too please, Ian!

Re: Saturday Row - 8th November - CANCELLED

Ian Maclennan
Hi guys, I have just been out in a gig and the conditions are bad and the wind is strengthening.  Not smart to risk it, so I am CANCELLING the row.  Stand down and let's row together another time.  Cheers, Ian