Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market - Crews!

Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market - Crews!

Dear All

Crews for tomorrow top person on each list nominated to be in charge of each boat from the launching to final recovery of each boat:- please note cold weather and cold water, we do not intend leaving the confines of Chichester Harbour but life jackets advised.

Skippers to ensure that each boat has as a minimum a mobile phone in waterproof container and crew are fit and able.

I will check in with each skipper prior to departure to agree route and check kit etc.

Langstone Lady.             Bembridge.             Sallyport

Teri (skipper)                John (skipper).        Douglas (skipper)
Marilyn.                         Marcus                   Nigel
Jane d.                          Rachel.                  Christine
Me.                               Cheryl.                   Liz
Les.                               Andy                     Len
Ron.                              Mike?

Cheers

Tim

12.30pm at the Mill for a trip into Chichester harbour to observe the newly arriving Geese, apparently some 5% of the worlds population visit us in Langstone each year and in so doing deposit vast amounts of material too copious even for my energetic team to spray pink!

Having watched their arrival in awe we can scuttle into Emsworth for some pies at the renowned farmers market which is open until 3 pm before a gentle row back to the Mill.

Please post if you would like to participate😎
A Northerly wind is promised so warnings about warm clothing, water and and sense of humour.......

Cheers

Tim

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Andy Mac
I dont earn enough to be able to shop at farmers markets, but would love to come along for the row and the Geese please?
Ta

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Hi Tim, Ron and Cheryl for this please.

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

LEN B
ILL COME ALONG

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Can I come please?

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Me too please ☺

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Liz Hall
John & Liz would like come please.

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Marilyn
Don't think I have ever eaten goose! But I will join you, Marilyn.

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Mike Gilbert
... I love Goose - but you don't get much meat on them...

Mike Gilbert
Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

On 15 October 2015 at 18:02, Marilyn [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't think I have ever eaten goose! But I will join you, Marilyn.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Saturday-excursion-Geese-and-Farmers-Market-tp5775p5801.html

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Teri
Yes please Tim for a spot of Geese and markets!

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

douglas
  pies, ornithology AND rowing all in the same day, - too good to miss. yes please for saturdays trip.

   Douglas

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

News flash - over 600 dark-bellied Brent Geese sighted in Langstone Harbour at 11.30 am today, really excited about prospects for SaturdayπŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ˜Ž

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Marcus and I definitely want to come and see the Brent geese, see you Saturday.

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

nigel
And I'd like to come along too!

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market

Jane d
Have arranged a day pass- so would love to joing you all ..

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market - Crews!

Dear all please note crews and advisory note re kit and clothing etc, see you all at the Mill tomorrow😎

Re: Saturday excursion - Geese and Farmers Market - Crews!

Many thanks Tim for organizing and to Rachel for yet more yummy cake and tea, and last but by no means least, to Marcus for some impressively cool calm coxing when a giant flock of dinghies laid siege to us.
Another thoroughly enjoyable play on the water.πŸ˜‰