Saturday row meet 8.00am

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Susan mccarthy
Yes please
Sue

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Barry Scott
I realise I am a bit late to the party but if there is space, yes please Sue,

Barry

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Susan mccarthy
Not sure if you have received my last request so sending again .. yes please sue

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

benlevay
Yes please Sue if room

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Susan Wagg
Unfortunately I will have to pull out of this row now.
Sue

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Sue Loveridge
Sorry you can't join us.  Hope to see you soon.

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Thanks for organising a super row, Sue!
Sweare Deep made it a pretty straight line back to base, as shown on the strava plot of the return journey, and the weather was kind to us - as shown in the rather mundane accompanying photos.....
Less mundane was the Brunch at the Marina bar, good quality and efficiently served!

Check out my activity on Strava.
https://strava.app.link/szORZI39Pmb

I note that I cannot "see" my photos or data on viewing the forum on my old iPad. Assuming the same may be the case for most other readers I have appended the photos below:-

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Sue has asked me to post these pics from today's now because she can't understand my instructions ( blush). Here they are, and it looks as if you had a great row. I would have been there but for this horrible cold.

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Sue Loveridge
Not me. Was it Sue McCarthy?

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Whoops ! It was Mo. Sorry .. .

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Good photos, Mo!
On the way back home someone in the crew asked about where in Langstone Harbour we might expect to see any seals. Here is some data on one seal, from 2009 ( courtesy of QUBelfast and SeaZone Solutions Ltd.), which is a good indicator of where to expect one to bob up into view.
Note the differences in where LCRC frequently see them nowadays!

Seal One
Upper pic = Seal One

Frequency plot for all seals
Lower pic = Frequency plot of all seals.

Apologies for quality, but they were taken from my original documents which have suffered over time.

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

michael
We canoe in the harbour at low tide and frequently see them up past marker, just last week six swam up to us and under our canoe. We row as a club 2 hours either side of HW so have less frequent sightings.

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

JaneDavy
Yes please if you can squeeze in one more

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Marilyn Rogers
It was last Saturday Jane 🤔 hope to see you soon . Love Marilyn

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

JaneDavy
Ha Ha! I wondered why there were photos! thanks for letting me know as I would have looked like a right wally!

Re: Saturday row meet 8.00am

Marilyn Rogers
Well no one would be there so nobody would know ( except me 😀)
12