Skiff World Championships... 25-29 July

Mike Gilbert
For those not is the loop, we had originally planned an excursion to Northern Ireland for the Word Skiffy Championships - to test our racing skills against clubs from around the world.

This was assumed on the basis that Oarsome Chance would have a Skiff transported to NI for their 'Become a Champion Programme'. However they have cancelled their participation as they do not have enough Children to justify the expense...

So at the moment Tim, Steve, Rachel and Mike (plus another probable) are still thinking of going on the basis that the Mike will now take the new skiff being built by the Skiff Factory (due for completion in June). It means crews can still jump on a plane and fly in and out. Paying for flights, accommodation wine and beer only...

We would prefer to see more people coming along - it should be Cork and Great River Race all rolled into one with over 60 boats racing over 5 days in many different men, women and mixed classes...

If anyone else is interested in this bit of fun, please let any of us know or ask us any questions..,