Suggested row

Mike Lowery
Sunday 29th tide around 2pm

Any one up for a row ?  Or have a proposal in next few days

  Hope to hear   Mike Lowery

Re: Suggested row

john d. pearce
Hi Mike
Yes please
John D.

Re: Suggested row

Joan
Hi Mike
According to rowing calendar tides aren’t suitable this coming weekend.  High tide on Sun is approx 17:45 so earliest we could get out would be 15:45.  Hope that helps.

Re: Suggested row

Claire Tomlinson
Mike you can download a tide time app which gives you tide times for days ahead or you can buy a yearly one to download or they can send you a printed one for under £2

https://www.tidetimes.org.uk/

Helps when planing a row

Re: Suggested row

Mike Lowery
Hi

Seems 15.41 high tide.  Will need some more rowers ,keep an eye on the forum .   Otherwise Mon seems possible

Cheers   Mike L

Re: Suggested row

Mike Lowery
Claire,thanks

I'll see if there are any takers ,otherwise may be OK for Monday early.
  Regards   Mike L

Re: Suggested row

Joan
Hi Mike

What location are you using?  Our nearest is Northney and that is showing high tide at 17:44.

Joan

Re: Suggested row

Hi Mike.  Mondays high tide is 06.14 so not suitable for a row sorry!

Re: Suggested row

Mike,  a lot of thought goes into creating the rowing rota.  As stated by others,  and as stated on the lcrc website,  the tides this weekend are not suitable for a full excursion row.  I.e high water are around Dawn and dusk.

On the website,  it states that the week of 30 Jan, the row organiser is Mike Gilbert.  That means that in the working week up to Friday 3 Feb, Mike may post to organise a row.  In this particular week,  it is most likely that as the tidal cycle permits,  the rows would be at the latter part of the week.  However,  that is also dependent on the weather conditions.

For reference,  I have placed a link below to emsworth tide tables for the year,  courtesy of emsworth marina.  You may find this useful.
https://emsworth-marina.co.uk/links/

When weather and tidal conditions permit,  there is nothing to stop any member of the club suggesting a row outside of the published rowing calendar on the website,  but it is key to understand if there is enough water and daylight to launch and recover craft. An experienced rower would need to lead any suggested excursion.

Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Suggested row

Mike Lowery
OK Mark

Hope to see a post to row in the next few days .

Ta     Mike L

Re: Suggested row

Mike Lowery
Thanks Joan.

I'm to look out for posts hopefully shortly after the 30th
  Too keen  ha.

Regards   Mike L