Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Mark Taylor
I am running a session to look at improving rowing techniques. This is open to all. So new members and established members are all very welcome. Meet 10:30 at the mill. If interested, please sign below by indicating the sort of areas you are interested in. I will then do my best to try and cover what you want.

The sort of areas I plan to cover are:-
 - Coxing - controlling the boat, understanding navigation marks and understanding commands
 - Power into the water, how to maximise the use of the upper body to give pewerful stroke
 - Feathering - turning the oar on the return stroke to avoid wind resistence

The ethos of the day will be self improvement while having fun. Hopefully, anything learned can be put into practice on excursion rows. Experienced rowers who can assist some of our newer members will be most welcome to join in.

Current weather forecast for Sunday is mixed cloud and sun Force 3 Westerley. HW is 12:30 at 4.5 mtrs.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Anne3
Thank you Mark. Sadly I can't make that time, but I wanted to say what a good idea this is, and hope there may be others (in the afternoon if possible) so I could come.

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Hi Mark.
Happy to join you.

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Susan Wagg
Yes please Mark
I should be interested in all of those things
Many thanks

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Grahaml
I would like to join you.

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

I can help, Marilyn

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Wendy and Stephen
Great idea Mark, but cannot make Sunday, please will you run session again, poss next Sunday or Monday, Thanks Wendy and Stephen

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

I can help if needed

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Liz CORDINER
Hi Mark, I would like to come and get more experience with rowing in order to participate further in the club please?

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Claire Tomlinson
Unfortunately I’m away but I’d definitely be interested in some coxing coaching another time.

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Pete Reed
Hi Mark

Maureen and I would like to be included and I'm happy to start as cox as I expect my hands will be covered in blisters after the Saturday row!

Pete
Bev

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Bev
Unfortunately I have cut and bruised my foot if its better by Sunday I will join you. Bev.

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Alan Harding
Hi Mark,

I can help. I think that makes 10 people!

Regards,

Alan

Re: Sunday 22 August 10:30 - Improve Your Rowing Session

Susan Wagg
Many thanks for today, very instructive and enjoyable.  Now to practise 😊