Superb afternoon in Sallyport despite the harassment

Superb afternoon in Sallyport despite the harassment

Hello

Andy, Nigel and Greg are having a training session on Wednesday at around 1 pm.

Hi Ron & Cheryl

That would be great Ron and it would be lovely to see you and Dylan.

So that we can combine training with some relaxing fun, I would suggest that we make our way down along the eastern side of the channel past marker towards Verner in search of seals and that we set the boat as follows, to begin with.
Ron cox
Greg stroke 4
Andy 3
Nigel 2
Cheryl 1
Dylan initially passenger.

After the row down to Verner, we can change things around as we like and also let Dylan have a go at coxing and rowing. Off to Emsworth when we are ready for a pint or a cuppa. Back up the Emsworth channel keeping South of Fowley Island and once there , we can have a change back to the starting line up for a row home. Hopefully, that way we combine a bit of training with a throughly enjoyable day out.

Yes it should have read the 2nd Sept. Thanks Ron.

See you at one.
Best

Re: Two GRR training crew wanted for 1 pm Wednesday 3rd Sept.

ron and cheryl
Hi Andy, we have our eleven year old Grandson with us tomorrow and were going to take him out in Kittiwake as he is a keen to learn to row. However if you need us and Dylan (our Grandson) can come along and have a little try in the big boat, we would love to join you. If you and the others need to get rowing time, Cheryl and I are happy to cox as much as you wish. All the best ~ Ron

Re: Two GRR training crew wanted for 1 pm Wednesday 3rd Sept.

ron and cheryl
Just one thing Andy, did you mean Wednesday 2nd September rather than 3rd September?

Re: Two / three crew wanted for 1 pm Wednesday 2nd Sept.

Andy Mac
Hi Ron & Cheryl

That would be great Ron and it would be lovely to see you and your grandson.

What is the lad's christian name?

So that we can combine training with some relaxing fun, I would suggest that we make our way down along the eastern side of the channel past marker towards Verner in search of seals and that we set the boat as follows, to begin with.
Ron cox
Greg stroke 4
Andy 3
Nigel 2
Cheryl 1
Grandson passenger.

After the row down to Verner, we can change things around as we like and also let the lad have a go. Off to Emsworth when we are ready for a pint or a cuppa. Back up the Emsworth channel keeping South of Fowley Island and once up there , we can have a change back to the starting line up for a good strong row home. Hopefully, that way we combine a bit of training with a throughly enjoyable day out.

Best

Re: Two / three crew wanted for 1 pm Wednesday 2nd Sept.

ron and cheryl
Hi Andy, our Grandson is Dylan, sometimes quiet but with a devil of a sense of humour and strong.
See you tomorrow ~ Ron

Re: Superb afternoon in Sallyport despite the harassment

Hi guys

Thank you for an excellent afternoon out and about in Sallyport

Our plan to enjoy a tranquil afternoon training row, was quickly disrupted by the entire population of the Thorney Island seal massive, popping up here, there, there, here and every friggin where.

With craning necks, the tapping of blades and accompanied by Nigel's "seal" barking, any idea of us enjoying a peaceful afternoon was completely shot.

Having been heckled and harassed from every conceivable angle, they then proceeded to stalk us back to the main channel, over there, here, two o clock, ten oclock and frequently behind Ron's head.

It was a fabulous afternoon and great fun to be part of such a fine crew.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Re: Superb afternoon in Sallyport despite the harassment

ron and cheryl
Andy you are sooo right. A fun afternoon with a grand crew. Thanks for organising it. Many, many thanks to all of the crew for making our Dylan welcome with all the encouragement and coaching. Cheryl and I are sure it will be a day he won't forget. He said he enjoyed rowing, coxing, seal spotting and tea at Flintstones! Thanks to all again ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Superb afternoon in Sallyport despite the harassment

Andy Mac
My Pleasure guys.

It is all the more satisfying when everything naturally clicks into place and the combination of mixing an excursion with training and having Dylan out with us, was absolutely brilliant.

Loved it and was very impressed at the speed he took to rowing and coxing. " Timing " !

An occasion which I will fondly remember.

Nice pic, shame about my head.

Best
Andy