Sweare Deep gate bolt

Hi Geoff
The bolt that holds the No2 gate on In SWeare Deep has lost its lock washer and tends to undo while rowing. I will try and locate one.
I have swapped the stroke stretcher in Lottie where the footstrap has come apart with the one from Milly and will repair that one in the next few weeks.
We jetwashed the Claydon covers, Langstone Lady's cover and Millys cover today (Thanks for the use of the jetwash, Mike).
Gladys's cover has a big hole in the middle and a coupler of smaller ones. Is it time for a replacement?

Chris

Re: Sweare Deep gate bolt

nigel
No further damage to this cover noted when I cleaned BOTH sides of the cover yesterday after the GRR. Stitching seems (sorry about the pun) OK, so no need yet for another cover. ( but yes, to patches).

 Cover needs more regular gentle cleaning, in order to dislodge well attached grime, rather than more forceful means - less frequently.
This is true for all our covers, and it would be as well to start the winter season with them clean so that the algae don't hold the damp and grow out of hand and damage the stitching.

P.S. Prior to the GRR both Mabel's and Gladys'  rudders have been repaired ( cracked wood, abrasion to bottom of rudder on both, loose (stock to yoke) on both) and re-varnished.