The Boat Race on Saturday 11th

Hazel Brackstone
My school friend's son, Joe, has expressed an interest in joining us one Sunday down on the slipway. All being well, he will row in bow position in the Oxford Isis boat (reserve boat) on Saturday, coverage starts at about 16.15 on BBC 1.

I can claim the credit of having set him afloat for the very first time, in a tyre off Hayling.

Hazel

Re: The Boat Race on Saturday 11th

I will be watching although supporting the other lot ... but would love to row with an Oxford Blue :-)

Re: The Boat Race on Saturday 11th

Shellz
Hazel, that's so exciting!

I'm with Rachel in saying, and this as a coach as well as a rower, that I would love to be there on the Sunday he does join us.

A ex-boss of mine rowed for Goldie Crew in Cambridge and was then, according to legend, elevated to Boat Crew but broke a wrist in training not long before the day. But I'm ambivalent as to who I support - I decide on the day according to the cut of the crew.

Best of luck for Joe on Saturday.

Shel

Re: The Boat Race on Saturday 11th

My daughter was born on boat race day - does that allow me into this conversation? ;)

Re: The Boat Race on Saturday 11th

Hazel
Thank you for this enthusiasm. I haven't found a window to progress this as yet, but have noted your interest and shall keep you posted.

Only caught the photographed fleeting glimpses of Joe today on the TV, but it must have been one of those 'Perfect Days', if you were a member of an Oxford crew. He was first pass the line in his race.

I'm working on the quality of the attached pics. (They are not invisible - I don't see how to attach pictures to the Forum, perhaps because I'm not registered?)

Happy Birthday to mini Marion.

Hazel