The scores for the mid week row and cash raised.

The scores for the mid week row and cash raised.

RichardThrift
Dear Cutters
Many thanks for joining in what was a great row to Emsworth in gorgeous sunshine. As I promised you at the Deck Cafe here are the marks out of ten for rowing, cameraderie, enthusiasm and effort:
Barry 10--great effort in the Teifi and never ceased to put in a 100%. Tireless rower and turned up when the numbers were tricky to smooth the way.
Mary 10-- put in a sterling effort both ways in the Galley.
Gailee10-- Well what an outstanding row for the first time for 6 weeks and humungous help with the house move!!! For other members benefit we did not use the boats to move our stuff!! tempting though.
Damian 10 --exhibition class rowing in the Teifi & turned up when his expertise was needed.
Rachael 10-- helped out all the time launching the boats, rowing well and good company at the cafe.
Nigel 10--punctual!!! knowledgeable, interesting and good effort on return journey in the Teifi. No explanation on where the Brent geese are yet, however knew the waters well so we did not ground the boat.
Liz--10 Back from the sea trip and at very short notice, rowed the Galley well and put in a great effort all round.
Andrew--10 sterling work and stood up well in getting the boats launched in muddy waters, rowed the galleys smoothly.
Geoff Shilling--9 for going to Guernsey at very short notice and not rowing as he was Channel Islanding. Plus he did not post his absense on the forum and everyone thought he was going to row.
Fantastic effort on repairing the galleys though. Needs to look at the canvas covers as there is a tear at the stern end.
So we raised £9.00---which was given to Mike Gilbert in person! had a lovely afternoon relax at the Deck cafe in Emsworth and enjoyed the September suntan. Thanks to Damian for smoothing our way with the Harbourmaster office at Emsworth Marina.
If I have a chance to get to grips with my new Blackberry Bold communication system following the big move to Hayling I will post the photos.
Finally thank you to you all for a great day out in good company.
Richard Thrift