Three Harbours rowing meeting - an update

Three Harbours rowing meeting - an update

Dear members,
                  At the end of October Tudor rowing club invited two people from each of the clubs in the local area to a meeting at their clubhouse to talk about ways to share knowledge and plan events together in the future. The clubs invited were all from Portsmouth, Langstone and Chichester harbours ( hence the Three Harbours title ) with the addition of Yarmouth and Hamble. There were a staggering 15 clubs represented!
There was plenty of enthusiasm, lots of lively discussion and some great ideas generated. The first step will be to produce a shared calendar of events for 2023 which I will post a link to at the top of our forum as soon as it's available. In the future the hope is to add a calendar of training courses and safety events available to everyone.
One of the popular ideas was for clubs to invite other clubs to come and row with them in their boats to avoid the need to tow. A couple of the clubs are planning to start this next spring ... more details to follow.
It was great to see how rowing is thriving locally with so many new clubs starting up and discovering how lucky we are to have such an amazing activity on our doorsteps.

Rachel