Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Just to make sure we all know who is travelling where and when, please let me know what your plans are.
1) Who will be around to pack the boats up and load them on the trailers on Friday at 0900?
2) Who will be going up with the boats on Friday morning and helping to unload and launch them?
3) Who will be travelling up and back on Saturday?
4) Who will be travelling up and back on Sunday?

People driving up each day (including me) can meet at Langstone to share cars.
I am assuming that the happy campers will be travelling up on Friday and back on Sunday but please post here if that is not the case.
We need to make sure that enough people are on hand when the boats are loaded.

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

les goodall
hi chris
i can help with the boats friday i am in france at the moment travelling back late ferry thursday,
i am staying at my daughters until monday its 5 mins away from datchet-windsor ,so available all w/end
see you at 9 friday,
all the best ,,,,, les

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Louise

Hi Chris

I am unable to help on Friday with the boats as i have work. Sorry.

I shall be travelling up in Friday night and staying with friends. Driving back on sunday.

Love Lou x

On Jun 10, 2015 9:40 AM, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just to make sure we all know who is travelling where and when, please let me know what your plans are.
1) Who will be around to pack the boats up and load them on the trailers on Friday at 0900?
2) Who will be going up with the boats on Friday morning and helping to unload and launch them?
3) Who will be travelling up and back on Saturday?
4) Who will be travelling up and back on Sunday?

People driving up each day (including me) can meet at Langstone to share cars.
I am assuming that the happy campers will be travelling up on Friday and back on Sunday but please post here if that is not the case.
We need to make sure that enough people are on hand when the boats are loaded.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Travel-Arrangements-for-Magna-Carta-Relay-tp4332.html

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Frances
Frances can't help load boats on Friday at 9am, but Mark can. We are both driving up to Longridge at about 2.30pm, hopefully be there about 5ish, and can help unload boats, please ring his mobile no 07772263299 to let us know when and where we're needed when boats arrive.
Thanks for all the organising, Chris

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Arriving Longridge 4/5pm Friday.
Returning directly to the Mill Sunday as soon as the boats are on their way, to assist with unload and compound.

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Geoff
I can help on Friday am.  I would like to travel up and back on Saturday and Sunday. Can I cadge a lift with somebody who is doing the same. Geoff

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Alison Kidd
I am travelling up Friday afternoon as I have to work in the morning. I am not returning until Monday evening.

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Chris, Victoria and I have dropped out of the Stroke Ball to be free for the Magna Carta both days...

let me know if you want to reshuffle things with people coming and going on separate days...

On 10 June 2015 at 09:40, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just to make sure we all know who is travelling where and when, please let me know what your plans are.
1) Who will be around to pack the boats up and load them on the trailers on Friday at 0900?
2) Who will be going up with the boats on Friday morning and helping to unload and launch them?
3) Who will be travelling up and back on Saturday?
4) Who will be travelling up and back on Sunday?

People driving up each day (including me) can meet at Langstone to share cars.
I am assuming that the happy campers will be travelling up on Friday and back on Sunday but please post here if that is not the case.
We need to make sure that enough people are on hand when the boats are loaded.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Travel-Arrangements-for-Magna-Carta-Relay-tp4332.html

Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Many thanks, Mike...we were going to be in some difficulty without you both.
The following are travelling up to Cookham on Saturday and Oakley Ct on Sunday to join Langstone Lady:
Me
Steve or Marion
Les
Sue
(Jenny is going up in her motorhome).
I will be towing, so we can either all cram into my car (not comfortable) or take two.

The following are travelling up to Longridge on Saturday and Datchet on Sunday:
Mike
Victoria
Geoff
So that's easy - they luxuriate in Mike's Disco.
We could put a Langstone Lady person in Mike's car if he is willing to make a diversion to drop them off at Cookham on the way.

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Tim
Hi Chris, for once I am going nowhere and am free on Friday morning to help with boats so will pop along 9am ish.

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Sue Martin
Hi Chris,

I am up and back both days, so as discussed to cadge a lift would be great. However if required am also happy to drive and take passengers.
Will be around at 0900 on fri to help with boats.

Sue

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Chris,

I could not move my Friday commitment MIA 07:00 - 20:30 so no help to load and in town this evening,  apologies. I am happy to drive and if it helps tow one way or both in addition relinquish my place for one of the days if that helps if someone out there is going to miss out ? I am currently anticipating travelling each day unless HRH invites me for supper ?

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Chris , maybe a post for "hands on " for 09:00 tomorrow both clubs? . reflecting on the recent Cork loading  x2 free to operate the pins and shift the beams, x 4 minimum to take bow/stern aloft could be done in stages  and  x2 to steady the other end so x10 ideal  "8" I think minimum? . Straps, bungies and wedges to stop the stretchers moving  Barry and myself added to the cutters collection and removed everything that would move except the well lashed down oars. We lost your lovely new strap you donated  enroute in Wales .... apologies ! . I will put "Red Bag" with additional padding and smaller straps in the shed on the strap tray !  Marion was wondering if she could join for a day ? So maybe x6 one day and x5 crew another I will work with any arrangement and BOTH if  it helps but happy to do x1 day  if you have others.

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Andrew B
Debbie and I will be at the Mill at 9.10
Andrew

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Hi Chris, you may of received this already, I have written to Marion as she can only row one day, have you got a list of people on the reserve list ? if not I could row on either day, I would need a lift.
Please let me know,
Marilyn,

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

That's good - you can come both days if you want as there is a spare seat. Lifts go up both days but the start is early - about 0730. Do you have any preferences? Come on Langstone Lady, then you can come in my car.

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Marilyn Rogers
I will come to the boat park on Friday morning,to confirm arrangements,I have not got a silly hat !!! Marilyn

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Still planning to go for Saturday but I see that Steve is now planning to do both days. I think we still have space for both myself and Marilyn - is that correct? I would like to travel up with someone and am happy to drive if needed? Marion

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

  Hi Marion I  will fit into the arrangements can do both but happy to do one as always anticipated a relay so flexible ? Cheers

Re: Travel Arrangements for Magna Carta Relay

Hi if you are going Saturday I will go Sunday think that works ? Cheers