Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Dear Cutters,
      I am organising a rowing tour to the Gulf of Morbihan in France to take part in a traditional rowing festival from Saturday 13th May to Sunday 21st May next year.

Twenty four of us did this trip in 2019 and it was an amazing experience. The area is really beautiful and the event is very well organised. The huge number of boats which take part are divided into flotillas, mostly sailing and one which is for rowing boats. You stay in the same place as the rest of your flotilla and have an organised row each day to a different part of the Gulf. Sometimes visiting an island for lunch or a beach or rowing up a river to a beautiful town. Each evening you leave the boats where they are and buses take you back to your accommodation. Many of the small towns put on entertainment in the evenings too. The food was amazing, we had meals provided by local restaurants on long tables set up in town squares and paellas on beaches. The row distances are quite long up to 13 miles but often with the tide and the are long breaks for lunch. Depending on numbers not everyone rows every day but there are plenty of other things to do during festival week.

To find out more go to https://www.semainedugolfe.com/

We have to cover the cost of towing the boats and transporting them on the ferry, which last time shared between us was about £80 each but it depends a lot on numbers. Then you will need to pay for your own ferry or flight plus accommodation and food. Last time we went the accommodation and ferry were  heavily subsidised by the event organisers and there was no entry fee but this may have changed and those details are not yet available.

Please post if you are interested and think you can make the dates

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Matt O’Neill
Hi Rachel,
Yes please for me - definitely want to do this great and fun trip again!!
Thanks for organising again.

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Anita Preston
Yes please Rachel. I have heard great things about this trip x

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Yes please for Peter and me. So excited as such fun last time.

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

James Griffin
yes please for Alyson & myself

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Lynn Murray
Hi Rachel, Chris and I would be very keen to go too.

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Yes please from Michael and Lesley

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

BobbyClayton
Yes please for me as well
Bobby

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Geoff Shilling
Can’t miss this one. Sharon wants to come as a tripper. Yes please Geoff

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Alan Harding
Yes please

Thanks,

Alan

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Yes yes yes yes yes! Marion 😁😁😁😁

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Mo Evans
Definitely want to do it again if it’s possible please Rachel.

Mo

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Yes please .Marilyn !!!!

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Susan Wagg
Yes please for me
Thanks
Sue

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Karen Bakovljev
Yes please. I have heard all about it and would love to join the group

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Jenny Myles
Yes please for Jenny and Dave.

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Mike Ballard
Yes please, thanks Mike

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Les Goodall
Oui pour moi et Shirl , 😂

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

And Tim and I

Re: Trip to Gulf of Morbihan in France next year!

Tina Way
Banned User
I would be interested.
Thanks