Update: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 13 45. CANCELLED due to wind.

Update: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 13 45. CANCELLED due to wind.

THIS ROW HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED, DUE TO HIGHER WINDS THAN HOPED FOR!

Our local tides [HW 1535] don't fit well with the timings of planned celebrations for our illustrious Queen [see below] -
BUT....
 we will have an excursion row, as soon as the tide will allow us, on the afternoon of Saturday 4th June.
Sign up as usual please, and bring your good selves and some pleasant memories of past events in your life during Elizabeth's Reign.
Present forecast is for moderate easterly breezes, with a damp morning brightening up in the afternoon, so dress appropriately and bring a drink (it could even be a special one on this occasion). Destination probably Emsworth - so that we can "Freewheel" with the wind all the way back to Langstone!

One might be tempted to gather somewhere near a foreshore at midday, armed with anything noisy that you can lay your hands on, after reading the notices below........

The British Marine Industries issued this statement earlier this month, after Grant Shapps had (belatedly) made a statement about a national celebration of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee:-

12.00 BST, Saturday 4 June 2022

From cruise liners to destroyers, frigates to motor cruisers, narrowboats to ferries, if you’ve got a horn, then blow it!

On Saturday 4 June, to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, there will be a ‘Ships Salute’ where every vessel, in every UK harbour, is being asked to sound a simultaneous long loud blast on their horn or whistle at exactly midday (12.00 BST).

“As a proud maritime nation and where the name of Her Majesty has graced not only cruise liners but also the largest ship in the Royal Navy fleet, we really want the Maritime sector to show support with Merchant, Naval and leisure vessels alike by marking the Jubilee as a synchronised ‘salute’ from their horn,” RT.Hon. Grant Shapps, Secretary of State for Transport.

Every Royal Navy, Merchant Navy and recreational vessel regardless of size, class and category is invited to join the Ships Salute. Pre-registration is not required.

see also
https://www.pla.co.uk/assets/6of2022.pdf

Port of London - River Thames NOTICE TO MARINERS No. 6 of 2022 30 May 2022 Port of London Authority London River House, Royal Pier Road, Gravesend, Kent DA12 2BG Ryan Hall Harbour Master EXPIRY DATE: 05 June 2022 TO RECEIVE FUTURE NOTICES TO MARINERS BY E-MAIL, PLEASE REGISTER VIA OUR WEBSITE www.pla.co.uk Telephone calls, VHF radio traffic, CCTV and radar traffic images may be recorded in the VTS Centres at Gravesend and Woolwich All Current Notices to Mariners can be found here - http://www.pla.co.uk/ntm WHOLE RIVER VESSELS SALUTE TO HM THE QUEEN The Secretary of State for Transport has requested that all vessels, of all sizes across the United Kingdom, participate in a salute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to mark the Platinum Jubilee on Saturday 4th June at 1200 (Midday) – Local time (GMT+1) Vessels wishing to salute the occasion are to sound one long blast (between 6 and 30 seconds) on their vessel’s whistle at 1200 exactly. London VTS will broadcast a reminder 30 minutes before the event and again at 1 minute to Midday.

and also:-
2256 HM Queen Platinum Jubilee Tribute 4 Jun 22 | Royal Navy

2256 HM Queen Platinum Jubilee Tribute 4 Jun 22 | Royal Navy
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN jointly by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth and the Harbour Master Portsmou...

HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN PLATINUM JUBILEE SHIPPING TRIBUTE SATURDAY 4 JUNE 2022
Print
Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth
LNTM No 56/22
1.       NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN jointly by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth and the Harbour Master Portsmouth International Port that at 1200 on Saturday 4 June 2022 a siren tribute to Her Majesty the Queen to mark her Platinum Jubilee will be sounded by ships alongside and underway in the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth.

2.       The tribute will consist of ships that are able and wishing to participate sounding sirens for a period of 70 seconds. QHM Harbour Control will coordinate the commencement and completion of the salute on VHF Channel 11.

3.       Vessels underway in the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth may take part in the salute if it is safe to do so. They are to ensure there is no risk of confusion to other vessels from their use of sirens.

4.       Cancel this LNTM on 5 June 2022.

Friday 27 May 2022

N J RANDALL
Queen's Harbour Master

Owners, Agents, Charterers, Marinas, Yacht Clubs and Recreational Sailing Organisations should ensure that the contents of this Notice are made known to the masters or persons in charge of their vessels or craft.

Re: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 1345

John Child
Yes please for the rowing, not for the noonday noise making thank-you.  John

Re: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 1345

James Griffin
yes please - PS i have a loud trumpet !

Re: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 1345

Yes please for me Nigel….orange wellies at the ready in her majesty’s honour!!

Re: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 1345

Sorry Nigel, looks like I’m going to have to miss this row now - trains to Havant seem to be all over the place over the bank holiday weekend.
Have a great row though and look forward to seeing you soon

Re: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 1345

John Child
Hi Nigel, As we are down to 3 and it is too windy for me in a Teifi, I am reluctantly dropping out. John

Re: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 1345

john d. pearce
Hi Nigel
reluctantly John D. will have to join JC in cancalling.
regards
John D.

Re: Update: Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration. Excursion Row. Sat. 4th June at 13 45. CANCELLED due to wind.

The predicted winds for this afternoon are F5 gusting F6 so this afternoon's row has reluctantly been cancelled.
Apologies, James,  but force majeure has meant that you and I were the only potential rowers anyway!