row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Wednesday weather is predicted light cloud,  and very light wind from NE. Temperature 7 degrees c.

Plan is to meet for a row at a moderate to brisk rate down the harbour and return to Langstone for tea/beer at The Ship. Crews for the row are as below, but if two more people wish to post to join tues night, the teifi could be converted into a 5 seat bigger boat.

Teifi
Nigel (capt)
Joan
Christine

Galley
Phil (capt)
Vernon
Marion
John D P
John C
Tom

Sware Deep
Mark (capt)
Peter
Maureen
Lyn
Marilyn

Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

John Child
Yes please for me Mark

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Hi Mark, I would like to join this row. As you know, I have recently had my second hip replacement, and this would be my first row since then. I am confident that I can now get in and out of the boat, provided I take it steady, and rowing should be fine. I would not be so keen to move positions in the boat when out on the water, until I know better what my balance is like. This would mean me staying in the same position for the whole row. I wanted to check if you would be happy with this? If you feel it is not appropriate, I would quite understand. Thanks. Marion

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Pete Reed
Hi Mark

Maureen and I would both love to be there.
Thanks
Pete

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Vernon Seddon
Yes please Mark

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Welcome back Marion.  Completely understand and will very happily accommodate your request.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

john d. pearce
H Mark
Yes please
John D.

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Phil P
Yes please
Phil

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Lynn Murray
Yes please for me Mark

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Yes please Marilyn

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Yes please. Christine

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Me too please Mark

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Joan
Yes please for me. Joan

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

tombennettx@gmail.com
I wouldn't mind coming. I'm happy to go passenger.

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Mark Taylor
We can fit you in Tom
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

I 'd be grateful if you could add me to the list.

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Mark Taylor
You are welcome nigel. I have put you in teifi,  hope that is OK. ,  Rachel has had to drop out at last minute as rowing with covid positive person in a gig earlier today.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: row Wednesday 24 nov at 12.15

Thanks Mark for organising a splendid opportunity to make the best of the bad weather that we are promised for the next few days!

Besides the Teifi having the lead position for most of the journey, it was a bonus to spot at least 7 seal heads above the water, and we had the bonus of seeing what was probably an immature non-breeding razorbill, at close quarters near Sweare Deep ( the buoy, not the boat - though the latter rowed on over the very ground that we spotted the bird on).

A note about Radios.
 We took two club Radios out today, plus my own one so we had one for each boat. There were no other Radios in the store. One is out of action being repaired (spare parts arrived today, so it should be back in the store tomorrow), so does anyone know where the fourth audio is at the moment?
We are unlikely to need it in the next few days ( bad weather) but it would be nice to have it back where it belongs!