A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Matt O’Neill
Hi all,

Are you new to rowing or the club?
Have you got the basics, but would like to learn more technique?
Would you like to improve on your stroke and understand rowing terminology used by coxes better?
Would you like more confidence with feathering or changing seat positions in a race?

If so, this is the row for you….

Throughout August and September I’m going to run a series of shorter rows designed to help new rowers improve on the basics, and anyone else that feels like they could do with some guidance in various areas of rowing.

The rows will last around an hour and a half, and will be for one boat at a time (5 people)

The first of these dates will be Monday August 5th at 11:30am (weather dependant)

Please sign up if interested, with a brief description of anything you’d like to learn or improve on and I’ll try to include as much as I can in the session.

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Jennie Baker
Yes please Matt.

Would definitely like to be able to improve on my stroke and the finer techniques of feathering too.

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

sarah.sadler2@ntlworld.com
Definitely interested Matt. I’m away on the 5th August but any dates after 12th I’d be up for. Not sure what I want help with but generally would like to improve on technique to avoid injury and generally be a better rower and maybe take part in some races at some point!!  Been rowing on and off for a while but not really had any tuition.

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Heather Green
Brilliant Matt! Yes please. I’m not around until the 12th so will look out for future dates. Thank you 🙏🏻, Heather

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Jackie Harper
Yes please Matt.  I'd like to join you on 5th Aug.
General technique improvements and feathering please.
A bit more understanding of coxing too.
Thanks v much...

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Jo Beardsall
Yes please Matt, though cant make first date on 5th Aug
Thanks
Jo

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Julie A
Yes please Matt

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Julie A
Sorry Matt, you don't have room for me, can you put me on the next one pls?

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Pam P
Yes please Matt, I no doubt need to improve on everything.....so your help is appreciated thank you.

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Jo Mason
Hi Matt

I would be interested in attending this course.

Thanks

Jo Mason

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Karen Doye
Sounds perfect for me. Thank you for the suggestion Matt. Monday 5th is good for me as long as I can be away by 12.30

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Gill
Yes please would like to join you at some point but can’t make the 5th cheers

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Marionwilyman
Yes please Matt, I am new to rowing and LCRC and would like to improve my technique. I am currently on holiday and will check availability for August when I get back.
Regards, Marion

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Dave & Josie
Hi Matt,
Just recovering from an op but would be interested in joining one of the later ones. Dave would also be interested. Thanks - Josie

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Maureen Porteous
hello Matt, I am new to the club, have rowed before but need to improve the basics, but it looks like you are over subscribed.  I can make the

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Chris Waterworth
Yes please Matt, would always like to improve rowing technique/feathering etc.

Not sure about 5th Aug, as have the Tudor Race on 3rd & GRR practice on 4th!

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Kim Macdonald
Yes please Matt,

I’ve never had any formal instruction and am fairly new to the club.

I can’t make 5th August, but would love to join another session

Thank you for organising this

Kimmy

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Andrew & Julie Rooker
Yes please both Andrew and Julie

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Paul R
Yes please Matt for the August 5th row.

Re: A course to improve on the basics - 5th August 11:30am

Hi Karen,
I’ll put you down for a future one as we won’t be back by 12:30 I’m afraid.
These lessons will be around 1hr 30mins, and then we have to put in boat recovery time.
I’ll post some more dates later in the week