Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Anybody fancy a row up the Hamble on Weds 24th? High tide is midday-ish so the plan is to launch at Warsash and row up the Horse and Jockey for lunch with beer.
The provisional plan is to meet at the boat park at 09.30, returning at about 16.00.

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Teri Baker
Sounds a positive antidote to all the general nonsense that abounds at this time of year - so Yes Please Chris!

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

alison kidd
Definitely, sounds great. Alison

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Ron and Cheryl please Chris sounds great!

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Geoff Shilling
I love humbugs. I will be joining you on Wednesday. Geoff

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Hya, see the numbers are there for a Galley, wishing you well, would be happy to be a reserve or indeed look for a few more peeps to perhaps pop out for an hour or so from the Mill? Cheers Tim🎅

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

We only need three more for a second galley - any takers?

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Liz Hall
I would love to come if a few more sign up.  Didn't realise a second galley was an option

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Philip Meakins has emailed to say that he has a crew for Solent galley Avery A so they will be joining us on Wednesday. He has five, so there is a spare place on Avery A if anyone wants to row with them, starting at the Elephant Boatyard in Bursledon.
There has been some interest in taking Mabel along as well, if we can raise a crew. So if you would like to row the Hamble in a Claydon (possibly on a slightly less athletic course starting at Swanwick rather than Warsash) please post here.

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Philip has also emailed with the following suggestions for the trip:
"Would you like me to see if there are any spaces at the curry house  ie a Bah Humbug curry.
If you did , how many Langstonites. if not , were you thinking of eating at the pub, cos if not we could have a bah humbug picnic."
So:
Pub?
Curry?
Picnic?
I quite like the idea of a picnic but on the whole I would prefer the pub. The Horse and Jockey is very welcoming and the food is OK.

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

alison kidd
The pub gets my vote too.

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Teri Baker
Hi Chris,

 Horse & Jockey def gets my vote too.    And looking at the numbers of warm bodies wanting to row up the Hamble we seem to be seven? ....... if it helps, I'd be perfectly happy to tip the balance to six for the Warsash galley and  toddle off to the Elephant yard to row with Philip Meakins' crew in Avery A if they've got a spare place.

Today's mince pie / cake promise for the Bah Humbug row still holds good - just have to make sure there's enough for the Elephant's crew as well!  :-)

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Geoff Shilling
I'm easy but I prefer pubs. Geoff

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Hi Chris, Cheryl and I would prefer pub too.

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Liz Hall
I much prefer the original plan of rowing to pub at the top of the Hamble.  But I have gone down with a horrible cough & cold so may have to pull out unless I get rid of it soon.  Will let you know.

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Liz Hall
I still have the lurgy and no sign of improvement, so unfortunately I won't be able to come out to play tomorrow.  What a pity as it sounds a great row which I have never done before.  Merry Xmas everyone.

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Teri Baker
Hi Chris,
Apologies - I'm afraid I'm going to have to duck out of the Bah Humbug row - got clobbered by the lurg and won't be  out to play tomorrow.
Have a good row all and happy Christmas!

Re: Bah Humbug row Dec 24

Such a shame, get well soon Liz and Teri!
The crew now is:
Geoff
Alison
Ron
Cheryl
Me.
We will meet at the boat park at 09.30. Philip Meakins is coming out in the Solent galley Avery A and we will meet them on the water.
See you all tomorrow!