Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Hi Barry, I'd like to do this too if there is room.
Chris

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Jenny
Hi Barry
I am available if there is space.
Thanks
Jenny

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Peter L
I can manage 2 June. Peter Lockyer

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Barry Scott [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Damian(sorry Lord Lucan) has made a call for the Sunday 2nd June. I am have a day pass from my wife, so I am available. What about others?
We need to check with Geoff on choice of boats and if work is needed to make shipshape, plus any extra gear to take.
The BBC long range weather prediction for 2nd June is 19c 10knots NW.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Bembridge-goes-to-Bembridge-tp117p184.html
To unsubscribe from Bembridge goes to Bembridge, click here.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Barry Scott
This is a copy of an email posted here because I do not have an email address for Peter L.
The email was written in reply to Mike Gilbert who now wishes to join the trip.

"That's great Mike we we now have nine!

We need just one more rower and in addition we will have space for two passengers.
I am still waiting a reply from Celia.

The forecast is getting better all the time, the current BBC long range predicts 16c cloud, 7 knots NW.

There is a neap H.W. 4.0mts Portsmouth at 06:44, so if we meet at 08:00 and leave by 08:45.
The second H.W. 4.2mts Portsmouth is at 19:31, so we should plan to be back by 17:30 in time for club rowing.

Best Wishes

Barry

PS I will post this on the Forum as I do not have an email for Peter L."

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Damian Grounds
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Barry Scott
We have enough rowers now to crew two boats, these are:
Damian, Celia, Peter L, Nigel, Jenny, Alan H, Ian, Chris P, Mike G and myself makes 10.

Should make an appeal for two passengers in case of drop-outs? Let me know what you think.

The BBC prediction for Sunday is 17c sunny intervals(bring suncream), 6mph NNW.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Shellz
Er, you forgot me? Unless my email went astray...

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Peter L
Dear Barry

​Is the rowing on for Sunday 0800?  Only just saw this.

What do I need to bring?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Bembridge-goes-to-Bembridge-tp117p215.html
To unsubscribe from Bembridge goes to Bembridge, click here.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Peter L
Is the rowing still on for Sunday 2 June at 0800?  Have been away last few days so fear I am missing info.

What do I need to bring please for this great adventure?

Peter Lockyer

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Jenny
Hi Barry

Unfortunately my son is unwell with mumps and has come to stay with me for some TLC. I won't know until tomorrow whether I can leave him for the day. So probably best to opt out now so you can find someone else.
If he is ok tomorrow I could see if there is still a space.

I was really looking forward to it. Have a lovely day.

Jenny

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Barry Scott
Bembridge to Bembridge 2nd June 2013

Please meet at the Mill at 08:00 to get the boats in the water.

The Solent coastal weather forecast is:
09:00 wind 11kts/ gusting 15kts N, Sun, Feel-like temperature 54F.
12:00 wind 6kts/ gusting 10kts NW, Sun, Feel-like temperature 59F
15:00 wind 6kts/ gusting 10kts W, Sun, Feel-like temperature 61F

The general forecast is for a cloudless sky so we will need sun cream, hats and plenty of water for both the outward and inward leg. Also, passengers and coxes will need a fleece or light waterproof.

Mike has kindly agreed to provide life jackets for 12, plus two vhf radios.

H.W. is at about 07:00 (neap) so we will need to be away from the Mill by 09:00 latest. I am planning to stop briefly at the Ferryboat for coffee (an essential drug of choice.)

We will then row to Bembridge; the distance from Langstone Fairway to St Helens Fort off Bembridge is 5nm. Once inside the harbour we will land on the left-hand side adjacent to the Bembridge Sailing and Tollgate Café. ETA 12:00.

No arrangements have been made for lunch; the options are bring a picnic, café or the Pilot Boat Inn nearby – any suggestions?

We will leave at about 14:30 with the intention of getting back to the Mill at 17:30 in time for club rowing (optional).

My proposal for crewing is as follows:
Bembridge – Sallyport -
Chris P. (boat master) Mike G. (boat master)
Damian Ian
Peter L Jenny
Celia Shelley
Paula (tbc) Nigel
Barry Alan H.

My contact details home 02392 599 511, mobile 0787 118 3963.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Ian Maclennan
Hi Barry,

Sounds good.  As the post formatting isn't great when you get the to crew lists I assume that your intention was as follows:

Bembridge:
Chris P. - boat master
Damian
Peter L.
Celia
Paula
Barry

Sallyport:
Mike G. - boat master
Ian
Jenny
Shelley
Nigel
Alan H.

I was out this morning in a gig and it is blowing a reasonably stiff Northerly / NNWerly wind.  If this holds we may find it a faster journey outbound than inbound!  One to bear in mind - we might want to allow some more time for the return journey.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Barry Scott
We have two place available for any takers, leaving at 08:00 for Bembridge?
12