Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Barry Scott
This a call for anybody out there who would be interested in rowing Bembridge to Bembridge, IoW.
The plan in brief would be to row from the Mill out through Langstone Habour, past the Ferry Boat and across to the IoW. We would leave about 2 hours after HW and row with the ebbing tide. Coming back we plan to be back to the Mill 2 hours before HW. This way we will have the tide with us both ways. I estimate the total time for the trip will be around 9hrs.
Could you let me know if you are interested? Also, what day could you manage; Saturday only or Mid-week  only or either?

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Alan Harding
Hi Barry,

Yes please. Weekends for me though!

Thanks

Alan

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Peter L
Hi Barry

Yes please.  Weekends only please.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Hi Barry,
       I'd like to go on this trip, either weekday or weekend, provided I have enough prior warning of the date.

If you are considering going on a Friday -and we can get there for 12-00, we can take advantage of David Gilbert's (yes, Gilberts get everywhere!) cooking offer of a lunch for two for £10-00 !

 Must have a partner boat and correct gear for this jaunt!    -and also for safety we need to first do some small repairs to Bembridge.
 If return trip crew are coming out by Ferry they need to be aware that Wightlink have cut the frequency of their services this year.

Cheers
Nigel.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Hi Barry.....
I am interested in doing this row but it does depend on the dates.
Thanks Les....

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Celia Billett
Ooh Yes please! May I join in on your excursion.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Jenny
Hi
I would love to join you depending on the date; I work different shifts each week. Sometimes available at weekends or midweek.
Thanks
Jenny

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Geoff Shilling
I fancy this mid week or sat. Geoff

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Shellz
Would love to join this please Barry. Midweek usually better for me, or Sundays.

Shel

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Barry Scott
A quick update.
We have a 10 intrepid rowers wishing to give it ago. These are:

Damian,Alan Harding, Peter L, Nigel, Les Goodall, Celia, Jenny, Geoff, Sheliz and myself.

The preference is for a weekend and the following dates would be suitable during June/ July/ August:
Sun 02/06/13 meet at 08:00 return 17:30.
Sun 30/06/13 meet at 06:30 return 16:00.
Sat 20/07/13 meet at 11:00 return 20:00.
Sat 03/08/13 meet at 11:00 return 20:15.
Sat 17/08/13 meet at 10:00 return 19:00.
Sat 31/08/13 meet at 10:00 return 19:00.
The times relate to meeting at the Mill and returning to the Mill.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.
Also, are there any more rowers wishing to part-take?

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Barry, if midweek I would like to have a go...

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Ian Maclennan
Hi Barry, I'm in, if we can agree a date which works (and obviously we will need some divine assistance in the form of half way decent climatic conditions....).  I make this 12 (including nouveau venu Mr. Gilbert!) which is a couple of boat loads, but then not all dates will suit everyone involved.  Can you please give everyone maximum notice about the dates?  I have seen the tentative dates posted above, let us know when something firms up...

Thanks!  Ian

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Paula Bray
Hi Barry I might be able to do some (but not all) of those of those dates too - so if needed I might be able to fill in if necessary.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Hi Barry, I'd like to join this adventure but it deppends on what date you opt for. Can only make the July or August dates due to pre wedding chaos at the moment (Daughters - not mine!!!). Will watch this space for a decision. xx

Currently can manage any except 31 Aug

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Barry Scott
Damian(sorry Lord Lucan) has made a call for the Sunday 2nd June. I am have a day pass from my wife, so I am available. What about others?
We need to check with Geoff on choice of boats and if work is needed to make shipshape, plus any extra gear to take.
The BBC long range weather prediction for 2nd June is 19c 10knots NW.

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Sorry (for me)I cant make it on the 2nd,it looks like a good day for it so have a great row and enjoy yourselves.....Les..

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Paula Bray
Hi Barry I am away from tomorrow until 1.6.13 - I could do 2.6.13 but wont know if needed until I get back on 1.6.13 pm.  Can I suggest that if you do need me (and note I am supposed to be on duty that evening) that someone sends me a text next week.

Thanks,

Paula

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Probably can do 2nd June, and is good neapish tide though it means BH entrance at low falling tide....

Re: Bembridge goes to Bembridge

Ian Maclennan
Hi Barry, further to your latest message, it sounds like 2nd June is firming up.  I can confirm that I am available to participate, subject to confirming the likely timings.  I have to be back on shore for around 7 p.m., but I'm guessing this won't be a problem.
12