Bembridge

Geoff
Bembridges keelband has come adrift. Probably caused by hard beaching. I am working then away. It will be ten days before I can fix her. She needs to be turned and put on tressels. There are some in shed . Geoff

Re: Bembridge

Bembridge is on the ground because:
1) Rachel read our insurance policy and it seems the boats are not insured when not on their trailers or on the ground;
2) One of the trestles is broken.

So...we will organise a work party for this weekend and get her fixed. I suggest Sunday before open rowing, say 15.00?
Anyone around then?

Re: Bembridge

This is the relevant bit from the insurance policy ............

7. Trestles
When trestles are used to support a boat, they are
required to be in a fit state of repair and adequate for
the purpose intended.
Provided always that the boat must not be left:
1. unsecured when on trestles,
2. on trestles outside, overnight

Re: Bembridge

Geoff
I stand corrected. But the boat can't be fixed when it's on floor. Geoff

Re: Bembridge

We only found out about the trestles thing yesterday when Rachel mentioned she had read the insurance policy before taking a galley to Cork.
We can either use the trestles or Mike's steel ones on Sunday. As long as we don't do it overnight...

Re: Bembridge

OK could anybody who is available on Sunday at 15.00 please come round to the boat park to turn Bembridge over and repair the keelband.
Then open rowing...then squad training. The weather is going to be lovely if a little breezy so see you there!

Re: Bembridge

Grahaml
See you there.
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 11, 2015, at 10:02 PM, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

OK could anybody who is available on Sunday at 15.00 please come round to the boat park to turn Bembridge over and repair the keelband.
Then open rowing...then squad training. The weather is going to be lovely if a little breezy so see you there!

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Bembridge-tp3687p3698.html

Re: Bembridge

Hi Chris.
I have a couple of bandstands , could we turn the boat onto them ? If so I'll bring them along today.
..... Les .....🎼 🔨 🚣

Re: Bembridge

Mike has a couple of stands that might do but he may be using them so if you could bring yours that would be great.

Re: Bembridge

Sorry Chris have big family lunch thing up in Staines today ..hope you get enough help

Re: Bembridge

Timp
I will be hopefully be there by 3pm if not then very shortly afterwards.

Re: Bembridge

Sadie snowdon
I'll come along Sadie

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Apr 2015, at 10:35, Timp [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I will be hopefully be there by 3pm if not then very shortly afterwards.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Bembridge-tp3687p3706.html

Re: Bembridge

Just found them in the junk I have been meaning to sort out at the back of the shed.
Really rusty,I'll bring them anyway as next stop the dump!