Ben Le Vay

Dear Cutters,
      I have just received this email from Ben's partner Janice. I know that those of you who knew Ben will be as shocked and saddened as I am.  I have sent Janice our deepest sympathies.

Dear Rachel
I am so sorry to inform you that Ben had a massive heart attack in Sri Lanka on 5th December and despite the best efforts of me and the doctors at Peradeniya Teaching Hospital died.
His daughter Rebecca and son Tom are devastated, as am I.
I am returning to the UK on Tuesday 13th with Benedict’s body.
Could you please let the others in your Norfolk group know.

Re: Ben Le Vay

Lesley Kent
Would you pass our deepest condolences onto Janice please Rachel?  What an awful shock!  Michael and Lesley

Re: Ben Le Vay

Shocked, and saddened, I am.
Will you please also convey to Janice and the family my sincere condolences for their loss.
Nigel.

Re: Ben Le Vay

Mark Taylor
Shocked,  a very nice fellow.  Always enjoyable company in a boat.  Would like to attend funeral if anyone knows any details.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Ben Le Vay

BobbyClayton
Whoa that is so sad, what an awful shock for them all
Sending them our thoughts & love at this tough time

Re: Ben Le Vay

So very sad to hear.
Ben was such a nice guy and always had a lovely anecdote or two to share wether in the boats rowing or just helping out - just a really nice all round guy, who will be sadly missed from our club.
Please pass on our very best wishes to his family and loved ones, and let us know if there is to be a whip round for a Cutters wreath or something similar.

Re: Ben Le Vay

Alan Harding
Very sad news. Always a cheerful chap.
Thanks for letting us know and sending our sympathies

Re: Ben Le Vay

Susan Wagg
I didn’t really know Ben but, if he was a member of the Langstone Cutters then he must have been a good egg.  My heartfelt condolences go to his wife and family.

Re: Ben Le Vay

Mo Evans
So sudden and such a shock for Janice and Ben’s family.  I’m really sorry, he was a friendly man and always happy rowing.  My deepest sympathy to the family.

Mo

Re: Ben Le Vay

So very sad to hear this. Ben was always such fun and so interesting to row with.  A truly horrendous situation for Janice and my heartfelt condolences go out to her, his family and friends.

Re: Ben Le Vay

That's bad news... reminder - enjoy every day!! Go Rowing!!