Ben Le Vay

Colin McPhee
Dear Members

Sadly I have to advise that Ben Le Vay passed away very suddenly just before our Christmas Dinner . We raised a glass in his memory on 15 th December and our thoughts are with his family.

I received a very kind note from his family asking if anyone had any photos of Ben rowing with the club. If you have any images please can you send them to Rebecca Le Vay who would love to see them as Rebecca was aware Ben loved the harbour and the club . Please can they be sent to his daughter Rebecca
 levay.rebecca@gmail.com

Best Wishes and Thanks

Colin

Re: Ben Le Vay

Mark Taylor
Colin,
Have we received any details of funeral.  I am sure there are some of us who would like to attend but do not have contact details with the family.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Ben Le Vay

I am sure that the club members will be interested in the details of Ben's funeral, so I have copied below the information I have from Rebecca.
Please note the request by Rebecca for advance warning on numbers attending.

The 27th is a Friday. I hope to attend and, since we probably will still be in "rail strike" mode, will drive up. Thus there will be spare seating in the car for anyone who wishes to attend. Just let me know.
Cheers
Nigel.

Dear Nigel,

Thank you so much for your email. He used to come back so relaxed after a row with you all.

The funeral is on 27th January at 14:20pm at Guildford crematorium followed by a wake at The Inn on the Lake, Godalming. You are of course welcome and please pass on the information to anyone you think would like to come. I’m trying to keep a rough headcount so please feel free to pass on my email so people can rsvp.

Best wishes

Rebecca

Re: Ben Le Vay

Marilyn Rogers
Hi Nigel , I would like to go to Bens funeral , so can I go with you . Marilyn

Re: Ben Le Vay

john d. pearce
If there is anyone on the Petersfield side of the Downs wants a lift.  I shall be attending the Crematorium, but not the wake.
John D. Pearce

Re: Ben Le Vay

Here is the formal invite for the funeral:-

You’re invited to The Funeral of Benedict Le Vay
View details and reply
https://pp.events/a8PG7ZyK?utm_campaign=mobile_flyer_share_dialog&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-preview&utm_content=inviteGuests
Friday, January 27 2:20PM
Guildford Crematorium
New Pond Rd
Godalming, England GU7 3DB

and here is a link direct to the "justgiving" page in memory of Ben, for those who are unable to attend the funeral:-
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rebecca-le-vay1

Re: Ben Le Vay

..

Re: Ben Le Vay