Birthday Party Choir Practice...

Michael Gilbert
Yes it does read Choir Practice!

You may not know that LCRC has its own Shanties:

1) the Langstone Ladies  - written to celebrate LCRC winning the Ladies Trophy in the Great River Race in 2002.
2) La Belle Paris - written to celebrate LCRC winning the 2008 London to Paris Rowing Race (L2P)...

Now both have chorus's that are loud and fun to sing... but it might be worth a meeting in the Royal Oak ahead of time to practice.

So all you who can hold a note, and those that can't... come along on Monday 27 at 5pm for a rehearsal? Post if willing and able!! Actually just if willing!!
Mike

Re: Birthday Party Choir Practice...

Vince Ibbs
Hi Michael

I am new to the club, but have spoken to another Michael about the singalong at the party. I am not a shanty singer, but I do play guitar. If I'm not in the way, I would come along on the 27th for a listen and might bring the guitar, only if it would be appropriate.

Thanks
Vince

Re: Birthday Party Choir Practice...

I have a terrible voice, but happy to lend it if you’re that short (and desperate!!)
May I suggest reaching out to Mo, Sue Wagg, Mark and Alan as they are all part of a choir already (and may know others involved)….
Alternatively, as a bit of fun you could get all the committee members involved, no matter how bad we all sound…after all the club did vote us in!! Just a thought.

Re: Birthday Party Choir Practice...

I'll croak to that, Mike!

Re: Birthday Party Choir Practice...

Anne3
I'm happy to have a go, but cannot make the practice because of another choir practice! Is any music available?