Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Liz Walmsley
Our Annual Blessing of the Boats will take place on Sunday 24 March at 1200 (not on Easter Sunday as in previous years).  It is a lovely traditional and social occasion for the Club and I would encourage as many of you as possible to come along and participate along with families and friends - and bring your singing voices and some cash for refreshments with you! Mike G will also be inviting other local clubs to bring some of their boats.  A few hands turning up early at 1130ish would be appreciated to ensure that the boat park and boats are  "squared away" and ready for visitors. (Cheryl and Ron - do you still have the name signs and who has the ribbons?)
Canon Tom Kennar will officiate and Ann Plater has kindly volunteered to run the refreshment stall again with help from Rachel.  Please could we have lots of volunteers to make and/or bring along cakes/biscuits etc. Any monies raised will contribute to the boat maintenance costs - and we will have lots of that going on this year.

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Joan
Iโ€™m happy to bake something and turn up 11:30ish.  Joan

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

I will be there and best if I promise not to bake!
Michael

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

I will be there and bring a cake. Sue

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

I will bring the ribbons ,how many boats need one ?

Ron and Cheryl are dropping the names off at mine as they sadly wonโ€™t be coming to the blessings ,they have left the club. Marilyn .

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

I'll bring flapjacks,  and be there early... am helping Anne with the teas

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

I should be ok to bake a cake ๐ŸŽ‚

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Thanks Marylin.  I think in the past we have put ribbons on all the gates so 5x4 for the big boats, 2 x2 for the Teifis and 2x2 for mikes boats? I guess that is 28 to 30 all together.  Happy to come over and help if you would like?

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Lesley Grainger
Hi Liz,
I'm happy to help wherever needed. I can bring biscuits
Lesley x

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Pam P
Will be there and will bring something munchable to add to the table.

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Lesley Kent
Iโ€™ll bring a fruit cake x

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Gill
I will be there with some goodies

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Dave & Josie
We are now able to attend and will bring cake!

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Kay Chambers
Such a lovely occasion today - thanks so much to all who made it happen..and my little people pass on the biggest thanks for the amazing yummy cakes! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Just about peeled them off the ceiling!! ๐Ÿ˜†

If any Cutters got a decent snap of my son Grayson blessing SWeare Deep with Rev Kennar and could share it that would be marvellous ๐Ÿ˜Š Ours were too blurry unfortunately.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends all! X

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Liz Walmsley

Not sure if this will work Kay.  If not then let me know your email and I will send to you.

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Dave & Josie

Thanks so much Liz - lovely pic! Have saved to phone from forum but itโ€™s come out blurry. If you wouldnโ€™t mind sending to mj-chambers@outlook.com Iโ€™d be so grateful! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Future Celtic rower right there! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿฅฐ

Thanks so much Josie - heโ€™s committed to the task! ๐Ÿฅฐ If you could send to my email at mj-chambers@outlook.com that would be amazing, thank you!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’™

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Dave & Josie
Hi Kay,
The email to that address keeps bouncing back? If you want to email me Iโ€™ll reply or let me have your mobile number and I could WhatsApp it to you.
josiearkle@hotmail.co.uk
Best wishes - Josie

Re: Blessing of the Boats Sun 24 Mar at 1200

Pam P
I've never managed to get an email message to anyone doing it via nabble.  It always bounces back.
 But if I email from my Outlook , using their same email address, it's fine.  A nabble quirk???
12