Blessing of the Boats - Thank you for a lovely day!

Blessing of the Boats - Thank you for a lovely day!

Hi all,
      Yesterday's Blessing of the Boats was a great success. Huge thanks to Tom Kennar for blessing the boats and leading the singing. Thank you to everyone who came and supported this lovely annual event. It was good to welcome Laura Jane , Slipper Spirit and Jolly B  to join us.

The tea and cakes raised £133 for club funds. Thank you to everyone who baked or brought cakes and especially to Ann and Francis for making so many teas and coffees and making sure everything ran smoothly and to Lesley G who washed and dried up tirelessly. Thank you to Marilyn for decorating the boats, Mike for the use of his garden and kitchen, and Liz for organising us. I love being part of this club!

Re: Blessing of the Boats - Thank you for a lovely day!

michael
Beautifully said Rachel, my heartfelt thanks to you all.
I have never had my own boat blessed before, I look forward to fair winds and sunshine on every row. That is how it works isn’t it.
Michael

Re: Blessing of the Boats - Thank you for a lovely day!

Lesley Grainger
Hi Rachel,
It was my first 'blessing' & it was a lovely service. So great to see everyone there and from other clubs too.
 Well done 'Cutters' and all of you that helped make it a success.
Lesley G x