Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

There is a nice midday tide on Saturday and the weather forecast is promising so I propose we visit a new destination - the Platform Tavern at Town Quay in Southampton, home of the Dancing Man micro-brewery.
The Plan:
Meet at the boat park, Langstone, at 09.30 to load the boat(s) on trailer(s) for a 10.00 departure.
11.00 Launch at Warsash. Row to Town Quay (6 miles).
14.00 Depart Town Quay
15.00 Recover Warsash
16.00 Return Langstone.

Please note that the approach to Town Quay will take us across or close to several busy shipping lanes including the cruise liner terminal, the car transporter terminal and the Red Funnel IoW ferry terminal, so experienced rowers for this one please. Of course, if anybody wants to go to the pub by land it would be great to see you there (please have my pint ready when I arrive!).

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Rachel Norris
Yes please Chris if I am experienced enough and you can overlook massive crab l caught last week for which I am still suffering the bruises :-)  ..and if Paul can join us for beer ... Rachel

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Chris, Thank you.....Racing Ferries !!! Count me in please.

Steve

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Sounds like an interesting outing,ferry racing and beer!please count me in.
Thanks......Les.

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Sounds like a good row - count me in! Marion

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

alison kidd
This sounds like another jolly jaunt across the shipping lanes so count me in please.
Alison

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Hi Chris. Cheryl possibly experienced enough now but I'm not so best I do what I'm good at MEETING YOU AT THE PUB! Cheryl going to come with me to the pub too so we will not be rowing. Can you give me an idea where you will be landing and ETA so we can see you come in. Cheers ~ Ron

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

sorry, going to have to cancel for this outing - sorry guys, Marion

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Chris, I think that I spot a potential vacancy for a cabin boy and would like to apply. I do have a prior appointment on the other side but can be at the Mill by 9.45am if that would be okay? Cheers, Tim

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Sorry folks but it is with great regret that I have to say that I can't make this one after all .. .. looks as if Tim is promoted to full crew  :-)

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

That's a huge pity, Rachel. We will miss you!
Tim - that is fine, see you at 09.45.
The crew now is:
Alison
Marion
Steve
Les
Tim
Me
We will be meeting Ron and Cheryl at the Platform Tavern. Don't forget your camera, Ron...
The forecast is looking very good and I think it will be a great row.

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

ron and cheryl
Hi Chris, Have camera, will travel. Any idea where you will be landing? . By the way, I have some pics from the Trafalgar Night, towards the end, some are a bit blurred. Don't know if that was the camera or me! See you Saturday ~ Ron

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Hi Chris, I have secured a pass out after all and can row tomorrow. Marion had posted that she couldn't make it and I've just called her to check and she can't so I think that means there is still a space for me?

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Lovely - see you there. Is Paul going to the pub?

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Thanks Chris and crew for a really excellent row, big waves, big water and an interesting Pub ... what more could a girl ask for :-)

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

DIAMONDS?

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Here's one for Teri:

And another one. Is this one of the Calshot flying boat buoys, Teri?

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Shellz
I would have loved to join you but paying clients called. We met one of them thar cruise ships on the way back up the Solent...

There was a bit of an adrenalin rush when I looked over my shoulder and saw her suddenly there!

Azura gains on the gig Nigela. Not sure it's a fair fight.
Azura gains on the gig Nigela. Not sure it's a fair fight.

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Grahaml
I have only been away a few days and I am missing you lot already.
Graham

Sent from my iPad

Re: Brewery Row, Saturday Oct 25

Teri Baker
Chris - there's something in the Geneva Convention about NOT teasing sorely peed-orf Sparkes!   ...... bad enough to miss a good row, but posting pics of ale being supped, vintage  ship mooring bouys AND the lovely Shieldhall leaning against her bit of wall are cruel in the extreme!!

  But for the pics of Rachel gurning at seagulls I forgive you totally!!    :-D   ......... and how come Rachel is the only person with an (apparently) empty glass in the pic of you lot in the Platform????
12