Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Michael Gilbert
We are planning to erect a 6mx3m tent structure in Colins Garden to provide an extended shelter for working on Sallyport and Lady...
Looking at Tuesday this week as its forecast to be dry and...

We will need at least 4 people to do this... more would help...
Can you say if you are free for a couple hours and whether am or pm??

Mike

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Vernon Seddon
I can help in the morning

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Geoff Shilling
I will be there Geoff

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Geoff, Very sorry but Lesley and I will be away on tent day. We are very happy to help with maintenance but do need a bit more notice. Luckily we are retired and able to travel more now, plus the blessing of grandchildren means our days book up.
I have noticed with the midweek row if I announce it a week in advance we often have a big crowd but with 48 hours notice are lucky to fill one boat. So I assume other members are in the same position.
We are looking forward to getting the boats varnished. They look so beautiful.
Michael

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Keen to help but away until about Thursday.

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

benlevay
Able to help if you need another pair of hands but let us know re timing. Ben

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Can do Tuesday. Just let me know what time.

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Michael Gilbert
Looks like Tuesday AM at Bartons Road..

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Geoff Shilling
How about 10 am Geoff

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Chris Murray
Hi Mike. I have my covid jab at 9:00am on Tuesday but can come along after that. Chris

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Vernon Seddon
10am good for me, what is Colin’s address?

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Mark Taylor
I can come and help at 10.00 hrs.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

For those that need to know where to go:-

Hope this link below, for google earth, works for you, to show where Colin's house is.

https://earth.app.goo.gl/S311mb
#googleearth

Nautically (?) it is
50deg 52minutes and 00 seconds North, 0deg 57minutes and 32seconds West.

What3Words position is
SUPER, VENUE, STEER .....probably a very appropriate mix of words!!!

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

John Child
I'll be there.

John

Re: Building a tent for Sallyport & Lady

Is the tent going to be tethered to the ground, and / or pegged down with the rebar spikes, before the wind gets up in the next day or so?
It is a big structure to go walkabout!!!

Have sledgehammer - will travel, and Happy to help most of this week, if needed.