Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Adrian Hodge has sent us this reminder:

This is a reminder that the Carrow Cup race, now in its 202nd year, will be held in Norwich on 12th December. Norwich Rowing Club organises the event, which is for both fine and traditional boats. Traditional boats (i.e. Fixed seat) compete on handicap for the Bicentenary Silver Bowl, which was given in 2013 by the Norwich Society.

Registration for the event starts on November 7th. All crews wishing to enter should register with Nigel Kippin, captain of Norwich Rowing Club.

Please contact me for a handicap and advice about launching. Please note that launching traditional boats will not be possible at Norwich Rowing Club, which will be busy with fine boats.

Adrian Hodge
CRABlakeney and Norfolk Skiff Club

Anyone interested?

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Katy
What is the distance Chris and do they take Juniors???????  More importantly, what is the ratio between approximate numbers of strokes rowed to number of kilometers driven?

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Adrian Hodge has generously offered us accommodation at his lovely Georgian house near Norwich for the weekend of the Carrow Cup - three double and two single beds.
The old gits won the first time the race was opened up to fixed seat boats, in Bembridge. Since then, however, Lower Thames Rowing Club have fielded very competitive crews and so we need to put together a strong crew if we are to put up a good show.
I think the alternatives are to take either a galley or a Tiefi or two.
Is anyone interested? If so, please state a preference for sweep or scull.
There is no specific junior category as far as I am aware but we might perhaps lean on the handicappers...so are the juniors interested in taking a Teifi?

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Victoria Holliday
Anyone fancy rowing a St Ayles skiff? Must be only rowing race which starts in pub...  Accomodation at Adrian's nr Norwich or my house on coast - we will have  a party of some sort for skiffers ( 2 crews from Blakeney and one for Kings Lynn) and try to organise a second row Sunday - high tide 7.45 so we cd have a prebreakfast trip to the seals at Blakeney Point...or a later row on the broads...

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Hi  Chris

I may not be worthy, but I am ever eager AND ever improving and dependable.

Sweep or Scull are both fine.

Ditto = Coxing.

Thanks, Best

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Very much so, as long as it does not clash with what Chris P is planning.
Best
Andy
PS I may be not worthy , but I am ever improving and extremely dependable.

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Teri
Hi Chris, as per last year- yes please.                         Interested in going as a sweep rower if there's room (and you haven't already put together your ideal squad).

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

We only seem to have two people interested in this trip so sadly the Cutters will not be sending a boat.
Andy and Teri - if you are still up for it, Blakeney are offering places in a St Ayles Skiff and accommodation, rowing on Sunday and I suspect a fairly huge party on the Saturday night. Could you liaise directly with Victoria and Antonia at Blakeney to see if you can row with them? Mail me offline if you need contact details.

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Andy Mac
What a shame.

Thanks for that Chris.

Re: Carrow Cup, Norwich, December

Teri
Thanks for this Chris,  would've thought the Carrow Cup would've teased some of our more competitive souls out of the undergrowth .............. ah well.