Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Thank you for all those who have volunteered to help with catering for the AGM on Sat 28 Jan 23.  Totting up expected numbers from Colin’s post of 11 Jan, plus a few extras, I think there will be around 50 of us.  Based on your responses to help so far, please could you bring along the following or let me know otherwise.

- pan/casserole of beef chilli to serve about 6-8 - NIGEL, JAMES, KAREN, LYNNE AND CHRIS, CLAIRE, LIZ AND JOHN?
- Vegetarian Chilli - MARION
- non chilli alternative - flan/quiche - MARYLIN
- Bowl of Salads - RICHARD H - Green,  MIKE B - mixed (with salad servers if poss)
- Baked Potatoes - COLIN
- Tortilla Chips and Soured Cream - PAUL B
- Desserts - MICHAEL AND LESLEY, VERNON, PETE, SUE, MATT

Please make sure that any containers/dishes are clearly marked or easily recognisable so that they can be restored to their rightful owners on completion!

Any other volunteers for a salad or a desert or anything else you want to throw into the party?
If anyone has specific dietary requirements e.g GF/DF then please let me know how we can ensure you get to enjoy the food too!

I am grateful for and now have plenty of volunteers for extra pairs of hands to meet Geoff and I at the club at 6.00pm to help set up the  room  (and ovens etc switched on) (thank you Matt, Karen and Claire), and support in the galley / pot wash on the evening  (thank you Matt, Mike, Karen and Anne).  I look forward to seeing you at 6.30 with your lovely offerings for what should be a great start to the formal proceedings of the AGM.

If you haven’t signed up yet, then please do so on Colin’s post of 11 Jan.

Many thanks and any questions?

Liz

Please be aware that sadly i can no longer attend the AGM but Sue and Marion will coordinate catering arrangements etc on the night.  Have fun!

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Claire Tomlinson
Will the chillis be warmed up on a hob?

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Liz Walmsley
Hi claire, on the hob or in oven, suggest bring in the pan you cooked it in and will make sure it gets back to you. (The pan not the chilli!). X

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Looks as if you are a bit short of desserts.  I will do one.
Sue

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Liz Walmsley
Thanks Sue.

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Hi Liz,
I’m happy to BUY a desert or two and I’m also a willing volunteer for pot washing etc!

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Liz Walmsley
Thanks Matt - a bought desert would be great!  and thanks for volunteering as a galley slave.

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Karen Bakovljev
I can turn up at 6pm and help out in the kitchen

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Liz Walmsley
Thank you Karen, that’s perfect!

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

As you’ve got veggie and meat chillies, and I imagine the oven will be full !I thought I would bring flans/  quiche as they go with jacket potatoes and salad . Is that ok ?

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Liz Walmsley
That would be great Marylin, thank you. X

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Mike Ballard
Hi Liz, Happy to do a mixed salad and to volunteer as a galley slave/ sous chef/ washer up.
Regards, Mike

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Liz Walmsley
Thanks Mike. The kitchen may get a bit crowded so might need before and after shifts! X

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Claire Tomlinson
Also happy to help out in kitchen, can arrive for 6 if needed

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Happy to arrive for 6 if still more hands needed??!!

Re: Catering for AGM Sat 28 Jan 23

Liz Walmsley
Hi Matt - that would be great as we may need to shift chairs and tables too.  We now have enough volunteers - thankyou!