Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

We have received an invitation from Chichester rowing club to this year's Celtic Longboat regatta.  Those of us who went last year really enjoyed it.  Please post below if you are interested in taking part.

Here are the details ...

A diary reminder that CYC will be holding a Celtic Long Boat regatta on Saturday 28 October 2023 and we invite you to participation in this regatta.

I am advised that this year, several clubs in the harbour have ordered or about to order Celtic Long Boats. I believe I'm right in only Emsworth Sailing Club will have had delivery of their new CLB, so we at CYC would be especially pleased to welcome them to this regatta. Emsworth Slipper Sailing Club and Coastal Rowing Academy ordered boats will not have been delivered by this date. However, next year, we may have 7 + boats in future regattas.

Format:
This year, we will be setting a course of aprox 3 NM around the harbour between Birdham and Dell Quay. The start and finish will be the opposite the club. Boats will be started from an imaginary line from CYC and timed from the moment the bow has crossed the start / finish line to the time the bow crosses the start/ finish line.  Boats will be started at 2 min intervals.

These are three categories, Ladies, Mens and Combined. No timing handicaps will be applied. Penality time will be applied to elapsed times if required.

Timing:
Saturday 28 October 2023.   HW  11.45

                Breakfast from 09.00
                Launching                09.30
                Briefings 10.00
                Regatta start 10.30
                Break 12.00-12-30
                Regatta finish 14.00
                Prize giving 14.30

The above is subject to changes.

Entry fee:
10.00 per crew member, including cox.

Safety / umpire boats:  there will be three safety ribs located at the marina and fairways crossings and one at Del Quay. This regatta is subject to forecast / actual weather conditions.

More information will be sent out shortly, including registration, which has to be completed on line by your club, or individually, more information will be supplied once the registration page has been finalised.

Please confirm your club is interested in competing. If you require any further information, please do feel free to contact me.

Looking forward to seeing you on the water

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Matt O’Neill
Hi Rachel,
Yes please for me, looks a great day out.
Thanks Matt

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Great last year. On holiday this year. Sorry to miss it.

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Ann Carroll
Yes please for me. Thank you

Ann Carroll

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Susan Wagg
Yes please Rachel
Sue

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Jo Kingsbury
Yes please Rachel

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Alison b
Yes please for me. Had a great time last year.

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Lynn Murray
Chris and I are interested Rachel

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Ann Carroll
Hi Rachel

Can I also add Sue McCarthy please.

Thanks
Ann

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Mo Evans
I'm interested.

Mo

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Mark Taylor
Rachel,  I am interested in this event,  but providing the essc Celtic arrives in time,  I would like to enter with essc and lead them in their 1st regatta.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

I am interested in participating.

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Heather Green
I'm interested in this event (if numbers allow!) Happy to be a reserve if you have too many.
Many thanks for this Rachel.
Heather

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Great event last year but away on holiday this time.

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Just realised that as we only have one boat we only have room for 4 rowers and a cox in each race.

Tim

Yes please🫥

Re: Celtic Longboat event at Chichester Yacht Club on Sat 28th Oct

Jo Kingsbury
Hi Rachel, as we only have one boat I'll take my name out of this one 😀