Celtic Longboat racing 10th Dec - updated again

Celtic Longboat racing 10th Dec - updated again

Hi all,
          I have a bit more information about this event which I wanted to share with you. The course will be about 2 miles long and will be a sprint race with a single 180 degree turn. They are hoping to have 6 Celtic longboats racing now as the Clevedon club ( who won the Round Hayling Celtic trophy this year ) are hoping to come and bring two boats.
            There will be three races, Mens, Ladies and Mixed. The most likely format will be staggered starts with boats racing in pairs, with each boat timed, to avoid mayhem at the turn. This means we have places for 6 ladies and 6 men to race in Sweare Deep with the possibility of extra places available to row with other clubs who may not have full crews.

My current thoughts are ...

Mens crew
Colin
Matt
Tim
Vernon

Ladies crew
Rachel
Karen
Tina
Alison

Mixed crew
Sue
Claire
Martin
Keith

Reserves / Maybe row with other clubs ( I will let you know as soon as I do )
Ron and Cheryl
Chris and Lynn

Re: Celtic Longboat racing 10th Dec - an update

Alison b
Sounds great....looking forward to it !

Re: Celtic Longboat racing 10th Dec - an update

Paul Bennett
With huge apologies, I will be travelling back from work on 10th and will be unable to take part.  Sounds like a fun event.  Sorry.

Re: Celtic Longboat racing 10th Dec - an update

No worries Paul thanks for letting me know