Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Another excellent event coming up on the calendar. Eastney Cruising Association are holding their annual Cockleshell Challenge on the 11th June.

This is a challenging 7 mile Solent race, in honour of the Cockleshell Heroes, from Eastney Cruising Association (ECA), along Southsea sea front and back via the Solent Forts. It is a handicapped race where we are up against Cornish Pilot Gigs, Burseldon Gigs, Celtics and Skiffs.

The ECA has a fantastically located, professionally run clubhouse with full facilities including galley (open for breakfast and lunches) and (discounted) bar.

Please post if you are interested in taking part.

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Liz Walmsley
Yes please Rachel. Loved the whole event last year!

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Jo Kingsbury
It sounds like fun Rachel but sadly I am a new rower so would be a step too far at the moment but I'll be there to cheer you on. Jo

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Yes please from Michael and Lesley. In a galley if possible. Thanks, Michael

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

tombennettx@gmail.com
Me too please.

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Claire Tomlinson
Yes please!
Claire

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

JaneDavy
Yes please for me as well - its one of the best x

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Yes please.

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Karen Bakovljev
Really enjoyed it last year. Would love to join in again. Karen

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Lynn Murray
Yes please for both myself and Chris.

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Vernon Seddon
Yes please Rachel

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

john d. pearce
Hi Rachel
Would be quite happy to come along and help with the handling of the boats etc.
John D.

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

MartinS
Yes please - same weather as last year too please!

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Susan Wagg
Yes please Rachel
Sue

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Mo Evans
If there’s a space then yes please.
Mo

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Heather Green
If there is a space - yes please! Heather G.

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Yes please if a space .Marilyn

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

JaneDavy
I'm also able to tow boats there if needed.

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Yes please. I would love to take part again 😁 Marion xx

Re: Cockleshell Challenge - Sunday 11th June

Great response! Looks as if we have at least three crews. I will post more details nearer the time.
Jane your towing offer is gratefully accepted!