Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

ron and cheryl
What an interesting great row! We "three cheered" the canoeists and enjoyed a guided tour of Medusa. Cheryl took many of the pictures this time when I was rowing.

Re: Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

Andrew B
This post was updated on .
Purely on a point of historical accuracy, yesterday's event was nothing about the Cockleshell Heroes and the Bordeaux raid -  the only link to the Cockleshell heroes was the use of FOLBOATS  - FOLding canoes.
This event was in commemoration of Cdr Goudling and the work of the COPP partied based at HISC. Although the various HMS Northneys ( 1 to 4 ) got included in for good measure. See the links I posted previously, and.....

http://www.combinedops.com/COPPs.htm
and
http://www.coppheroes.org/index1.htm

Cockleshell heroes was a much more famous event and they trained at Eastney Royal Marine Barrack, Portsmouth, not at HISC.

The housing at Spinnaker Grange which we pass often is on some of the site of the old Warners Northney Holiday Campwhich was HMS Northney 1V during the war
Andrew

Re: Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

ron and cheryl
We stand corrected Andrew, but enjoyed the day never the less ~ Cheers Ron

Re: Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

Grahaml
Would have been nice to join you guys, but as I could  not the pictures were second best, many thanks. Glad you had a good time.
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 22, 2015, at 9:48 AM, ron and cheryl [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

What an interesting great row! We "three cheered" the canoeists and enjoyed a guided tour of Medusa. Cheryl took many of the pictures this time when I was rowing.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Cockleshell-Heroes-Row-Pics-Friday-21-August-tp5267.html

Re: Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

Teri
As ever -excellent pics Ron.   ......... but we do have a smug Sallyport crew - we disappeared off down to HISC and were treated to not only the Dakota but also the Spitfire showing off over Chichester Harbour.    An all round excellent afternoon - thank you Richard for organizing that one (and ordering sunshine as well)!!

Re: Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

Wow what a super set of photos Ron.

Very disappointed that I had to miss out on that one as well as your celebration day.

Last week was insanely busy and we were working some nights up to and past midnight.

Looks as though you all enjoyed a great day out though.

Green with envy, is me.

Best
Andy
Ian

Re: Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

Ian
Hi Ron

Just found your photo set and had to reply. It was great to meet you although it was in passing as we paddled our cockle pass you.
The Day was to Present a Blue plaque for Commander Goulding- a very special man that not many know about.
Keep an eye out for the book to be released shortly.

Hope to meet you all again on another sunny day on the water.

cheers

Re: Cockleshell Heroes Row Pics Friday 21 August

Andrew B
Ian,
See also 'DAPHNE BERRY' ( our dog ) on facebook for 21 Aug '15, where you may also find some photos that may for all I know include your fine cockle....
Andrew