Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Hi all
      The organisers would like us to arrive at Eastney Crusing association before 9am to launch for an 11am race start.
Let's meet at 8am at the boatpark to get the double trailer down the slope and the Celtic loaded.
Please could everyone be there as it will take all of us to get it down the slope safely.
We can park the trailers and towing vehicles at Eastney club and there is parking nearby for the other cars.
Breakfast baps and lunch are available to buy and there is a  bar which opens after the race.
The race is 7 miles on open water and takes about 1hour 45mins!
Please check my previous post for crew details.

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Sue Loveridge
I presume we need life jackets. Sue

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Claire Tomlinson
Do you know what time we might get back to boat park?
Do you generally stay for the afternoon?
Thanks. Claire

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

It's tricky to say what time we will get back to the boat park. We usually stay for some lunch and the awards bit so maybe 4ish back at Langstone but it could be later! If you need to dash off I'm sure we could manage as long as it's not everyone :-)

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

MartinS
At least that means coming back in with the tide rather than against it as we were last time I seem to recall!

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Yes Martin you're right it was into tide at the finish last time

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

They do ask coxes to wear lifejackets

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Ahh they are asking everyone else to bring a life jacket or buoyancy aid. Please post if you need one

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Liz Walmsley
Hi Rachel, if there is a spare life jacket I would be grateful. I do have one but it is bulky and not really suitable for rowing.  Also, any chance of a lift around to Eastney and back?

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Lynn Murray
Hi Rachel, if there are any spare life jackets going Chris abs I would like to borrow them please

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Hi Liz, they have asked that we have them available rather than row in them so perhaps yours would be ok?

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Hi Lynn I have two spares ( thank you Geoff! ) which I will bring for you two. We have only been asked to 'have them available' in the boat but you could row in these if necessary

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Correction! They are recommending we wear lifejackets so Liz I will see what I can do and yes you are welcome to a lift. Lynn and Chris the ones I have for you are definitely ok to row in

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Vernon Seddon
This post was updated on .
Hi Rachel I have a bouancy aid but not a life jacket, is there any chance I can borrow one?

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

I have a spare one you can row in. Sue

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Lynn Murray
Thanks very much Rachel - greatly appreciated.

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Yes it will be fine, I can stuff it under the seat. X

Re: Cockleshell challenge Sunday 22nd arrangements

Liz Walmsley
… or wear it if I must!