Crews for Itchenor Celtic event 20th Jan

Crews for Itchenor Celtic event 20th Jan

Hi all, places are more limited than I originally thought for this event and I have been unable to negociate seats in other boats as the Celtic racing is becoming very popular.

Given that we only have room for 16 rowers and we have lots more ladies than men signed up I suggest we take 1 mens crew, 2 ladies crews and a mixed. I know this is also CYCs plan so we will have someone to race in each category! On this occasion I have chosen crews from the first 6 men and 10 ladies to sign up and Tim and I will drop out as we had an unfair advantage( we'll still tow and I will cox).  In future I think we should treat the Celtic league as a real racing opportunity and organise some training and selection based on strength in the boat.

Men's crew
Cox Rachel
Chris
Vernon
Matt
Colin

Mixed crew
Cox Nigel ( you are also reserve for the men and I will cox if you row)
Phil P
Mike L
Dee
Alison B

Ladies
Cox Rachel
Lynn
Clare T
Heather
Karen B

Ladies
Cox Matt
Sue L
Lesley G
Ann Carroll
Caroline M

Reserves
Jess Harley
Steph Savill
Julie Carter
Susan McCarthy
Sue Wagg
Gill
Frances
Shanaz

Re: Crews for Itchenor Celtic event 20th Jan

Matt O’Neill
Hi Rachel,
Just to say, I think you’re right about the future Celtic events. With CRAC’s and both Emsworth Sailing Club’s new boats just about to arrive, the local Celtic competitions are getting very competitive now indeed.

As the oldest rowing club in the harbour and the one who first bought Celtic boats to the area, it would be great to put up a strong competitive showing to every event. So I think a lot of training and competing for your place in the boat for future events, is a great idea to get us all more competitive and race ready. As there are some really good local crews out there, especially Dell Quay, Itchenor and CYC.
It’s not easy with so many people and only one Celtic, but hopefully that will change and we’ll get another one soon.

Re: Crews for Itchenor Celtic event 20th Jan

Joan
Or how about asking the Celtic only clubs to widen their races to include fixed seat rowing boats then everyone can row that wants to and we can use the boats we have.

Re: Crews for Itchenor Celtic event 20th Jan

Claire Tomlinson
That’s sounds a good idea Joan.

Re: Crews for Itchenor Celtic event 20th Jan

Rachel, can I take myself off the reserve list please,  as am now in for Slipper team. Thank you