Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1230

Phil P
This post was updated on .
Excision row Friday 18thMeet 1230
Destination decided on the day
Thank you
Phil

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Anita Preston
Yes please, if I can bring a student as passenger?

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Phil P
Of course

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Steve Holder
Yes please 🙂

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Tessa Collings
Yes please. Tessa

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

John Child
Yes please Phil.
   Thanks John

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Wendy and Stephen
Yes please  - Stephen and Wendy 🚣‍♂️🚣‍♀️

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Rog & Dee Sellers
Yes please - Rog & Dee, thanks

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Dave & Josie
Yes please - both of us.

Josie

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

john d. pearce
Hi Phil
Yes please
John D.

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Mark Taylor
I would like too join in and then it would be great if everyone on the row could help to get boats on to trailers ready for next days Tudor  Challenge race.  Please see plan below

Friday 18th August at 15:00 (which is one hour after High water)
All meet at Langstone to recover Gladys and Mabel from moorings, place on trailers and pull up into boat park.
Then .....
Place a Teifi upturned and a set of carbon oars inside one of the Claydons on its trailer

Move Swaere Deep from dolly to road trailer.

All hands in moving Langstone Lady and Sallyport to double galley trailer (it is a big lift to get galley on to second deck)

All trailer boards and wiring attached to trailers and boats secured and strapped to trailers.

All trailers positioned with tow bars facing gate of boat park.

Some retire to Royal Oak to await tide to drop

It should then be possible for towers to remove boats from the boat park at about 16:30 when water will have receeded sufficiently to motor past the Roal Oak. Some hands need to remain to help get trailers on to towers vehicals.

If towers would prefer to hitch up to trailers early on Saturday morning, that is fine, but they may need to seek help to move loaded trailers.

Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Yes please for me!

Re: Mark’s loading request above….don’t forget to leave Gladys’ loaded trailer on beach, NOT in the boat park, and please … no turning of loaded trailers on the left-hand lawn ! [damages the drains]

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Yes please . Marilyn

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Mike Lowery
Friday row,

Yes.    Mike L. Will help with boats later on too.

Mike L

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Jo Mason
Hi all

If there is a slot for me can I join you please.

Jo Mason(Newbie)

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Phil P
yes of course Jo

Rog and I are going to cancel, sorry, Dee

With a weather warning ⚠️ in place for tomorrow, we are going to cancel as well, sorry for being wimps! Stephen and Wendy

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Phil P
Please be assurred ,we wont be going out in unsuitable weather .We have collectivly alot of experience in making these decisions .
Currently it looks as if we will catch the tail end of this front and we will be ok .Clearly this is a forcast and the speed of travel may be different .
I will check the weather first thing .

 I HAVE DELAYED THE MEETING TIME TO 12.30.

Phil

Re: Excursion Row Friday 18th August 1130

Mark Taylor
Hi Phil,  it would be really useful if we could have both Claydons on the row friday as we need to bring out of water and on to trailers after your row for Tudor event. If numbers are a bit odd,  we can take 7 in a Claydon and do some Cox training at same time.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk