Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

A special place.
A special time of year.
A special row.
A special group of people were assembled here.

It wasn't (quite) a race.
It was clouded, but very clear.
It was a special row.
On a river that seemed more like a mere.

I'd like to give my thanks to you ALL for having co-operated as a huge team in making this excursion such a success! The team worked together in all manner of small things, but was an impressive WHOLE. This was most apparent in the way the boats were handled on and off the trailers, which made it look easy!!!
Thanks
Nigel.

P.S. If anyone wants their ICE COOL CARD back, I'll keep them for you until next week -when I shall dispose of any remaining.

**********
Hi ALL,
   As we shall need to take 3 Galleys, I reckon that we will have time to load up the double trailer (Bembridgse is already on her trailer) if we start loading at 09-30 hrs.

We will need some kind folks to be prepared to take passengers in their cars. I hope that we can manage with 3 cars plus the 2 towing. I can fit 3 passengers into the Volvo (4 at a pinch). It will be useful if potential drivers let me know how many they can/may take. Postcode for satnav is SO31 9FT.

Although the forecast says tomorrow will be warmer, please assume that it is going to be at least as cold as today. and dress accordingly. Bring any lifejackets you wish to use -strongly advised at this time of year when the water temperature can be a bit of a shock!

Wellies work well in the seaweed mulch at the launch site of WARSASH, and also the, likely muddy, landing at The Horse and Jockey, our destination at lunchtime.
Liz, we should be putting in the boats at the Warsash slipway at about 10-45. It would be handy if you were there to warn us of traffic/parking problems (narrow access roads + double trailer = trouble!).

****************
Chris and I thought you might like to venture further afield this week!
    We are planning (depending on numbers of course) to take a couple of boats to the Hamble to see the autumn colours in the country park, and sample the beer at the Horse and Jockey.

Weather looks OK for Thursday, Temperature will be about 10 to 12 degC, and the wind ENE ca 12mph, so you will need layers of clothing for protection even though the river is fairly sheltered.
Tides
15/10/2015  Southampton.
High Water00:51  4.5m Second Tide02:36 4.4m
Low Water06:32 1.0m
High Water13:08 4.5m Second Tide14:56 4.5m
Low Water18:42 1.1m

So, provisionally, we set off at 10-00 having got the boats loaded that morning. We should be able to get back around 4 or 5pm (hopefully beating the rush hour traffic).

Please sign up as usual if you are interested.

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Andy Mac
Sounds an absolute delight
Yes Please

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Andrew B
Hi Nigel - yes please.....
Andrew

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Jackie Tutt
Yes please for me Nigel
Many thanks
Jackie

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Mark taylor
Would like to join you. Autumn colours sgould be starting to show

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

It's a huge yes from Ron and Cheryl! please Nigel and Chris

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Sarah D
Yes please Nigel, I would like to join you on Thursday if space.
Thanks
Sarah D
(New member and existing gig member)

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Liz Hall
Yes please

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Nigel, yes please.  Cheers

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Yes please Nigel sounds great :-) Rachel

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Barry Scott
Room for one more?
Barry

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Sue Martin
And me please.
Sue

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Beena
can i come too????

beena

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Nigel, happy to tow if that helps you, Chris and logistics. Cheers

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Hi Nigel.
I'm back and would like to join you ta.
Les....🚣

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Liz Hall
Nigel & Chris, I live halfway between Hamble and Langstone, so could I meet you there please?  Where are you launching?

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Sorry for the late reply.  I have managed to free Thursday up and would like to come too. Thanks.

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Andrew B
Nigel - what is the actual time you want us at the mill
please ? To help load etc....
Andrew

Liz, we should be putting in the boats at the Warsash slipway at about 10-45. It would be handy if you were there to warn us of traffic/parking problems (narrow access roads + double trailer = trouble!).

Re: Excursion Row Thursday October 15th. Hamble River.

Jackie Tutt
Hi Nigel
Happy to drive and I have seven seats so could take 6 passengers, the back two seats are a bit diddly though so need to have some small ones in there!
Kr
Jackie
12