Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Hi all,
      Tudor Rowing club are starting their Friendly Friday rows again for the summer and the first one is on Friday 19th April. This is a great opportunity to get out for an evening row whatever the tide, try rowing a Bursledon Gig and meet people from other clubs.

With the Friendly Friday Racing rowers are not required to bring their own gig and names for the 3 person crews (2 rowers, 1 cox) will be selected randomly. This gives people the opportunity to make new friends, and ensures that winning or losing is a lottery. The start time is 6pm, racing should finish by 8.30pm, and bar and food will be available afterwards.

The dates for this year are :-
19 April,
31 May,
28 June,
26 July,
30 August

Please post below if you are interested and I will put you in contact with John Elson at Tudor who will add you to a WhatsApp group for these events.

Hi all,  I have had a response from John Elson to say that we can have 6 people for each Friendly Friday so I will put the first 6 people who signed up on his list for 19th April. Then we can work down the list for future dates.

19th April
Matt
Rich Beard
Marion
Dave and Josie
Nigel

Future Friendly Fridays
Dee
Lynn
Michael
Liz W
Claire T
Lesley G
Steph Savill
Anne
Susan Wagg
Ann Carroll
Mo Evans

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Matt O’Neill
Hi Rachel,
Yes please.
Thanks, Matt

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Rich Beard
Yes please Rachel.

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Pam P
Yes please Rachel.

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

This sounds fun , yes please

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Lynn Murray
Yes please Rachel

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Claire Tomlinson
I’m interested, hopefully make 1 of them.
Thanks.Claire

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Yes please,Michael

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Yes please for me too. Thanks Rachel

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Yes please Rachel.

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Dave & Josie
Yes please for Dave and myself!

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

I enjoyed this last year, so yes please Rachel.

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Lesley Grainger
Hi Rachel
Yes for me please
Lesley x

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Steph Savill
Hi Rachel

I am interested in having a go please.

Thanks Steph

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Anne3
Yes please, I'd like to try this (though I'm not clear whether we are mixed crews of 4 plus cox with Tudor folk, or whether it's LCRC against them, with just 2 rowers per boat?)

Yes please Rachel
Sue

Thank you
Ann Carroll

Hi Rachel, please could you add me ?  Thanks, Mo

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Lesley Grainger
Hi Anne,
I did a couple of these last year. If it's the same format it's 2 oars & a Cox picked at random so you never know who you'll be rowing with. They then have a number of races culminating in semis and finals. It's a short course sprint round a buoy. They are usually limited on numbers too as they invite other clubs.
Lesley x

Re: Friendly Friday rows at Tudor - Friday 19th April and future dates

Thank you all for your enthusiastic responses! I have contacted John who organises these events to let him know how many of us are keen and to ask him how many people from our club he is happy to have for each Friendly Friday as it is open to lots of other clubs too. I will let you know as soon as I have a reply as we may need to spread ourselves out over the available dates.