( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Andy Mac
Hello Everyone,

Geoff is away on his hols and has asked me to put a mid week row together.

Meet at the Mill 12.30 ( High water is approx 2.30pm ) Return 3.30 / 4pm latest.

A moderate to fresh ENE breeze is forecast and its a big tide.

So I propose that we head off towards marker and across the Emsworth channel to the east side of the channel and into the lee of Thorney. Then have a nose around marker point to enjoy a spot of seal watching.
Thereafter, head up into Emsworth for a cuppa or a pint and then gently homebound with a following breeze. Ferry boat could be an option, but it would likely be a hard slog against both wind and tide on the return journey.
Ron are you back yet and would you like to cox taking into account your injured achilles?
Please post in the usual way.
Thanks, Best

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Andrew B
Hi Andy -yes please - provided I can be home by 1600. Thanks
Andrew

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

ackie Tutt
Hi Andy
Yes please I would like to join in this week
Many thanks
Jackie

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

len b
sounds good ill come along thanks

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Yes please for me too.

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Hi Andrew

Yup, saw the other posts.

See you on Thursday and we will ensure that we are back by 4pm

Best

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Andrew B
guess what Andy ? The 1600 comment referred to Tuesday !! Fine for Thursday...

On 28 September 2015 at 13:07, Andy Mac [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andrew

Yup, saw the other posts.

See you on Thursday and we will ensure that we are back by 4pm

Best

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Geoffs-Mid-week-Excursion-row-Thursday-1st-Oct-tp5571p5590.html

Andrew Berry
02392 469139
Andrew

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Andy Mac
All good Andrew. See you Thursday.

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Me too please Andy ...Rachel

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Hi Andy we're back! Ron and Cheryl for this please!

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Excellent!

You guys have been holidaying in Madeira, Rachel has been off to Paris, Geoff is in the Azores, hence we may theme this one as a Europe and Atlantic Islands row. News to share and stories to be told.
Ohhh and Daphne took Andrew & Debbie up North.
News to share and stories to be told.

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Beena
I'd like to give it a go too.. Please let me know if u think its not a good idea !

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Andy Mac
You would be more than welcome Beena

The first 30 / 40 minutes will be rowing against a strong tide, but as you found on the moonlight row, once we are heading down to Emsworth it will be a lot easier and the jouney back will have the wind blowing us home, so all in all, the aim is to enjoy a nice relaxing few hours, with the majority of the hard work over and done with during the first hour.
See you Thursday
Best

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Steve Woods
Andy, can I crew please if there is a spare thwart. Cheers

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Andy Mac
Excellent Steve
Yes please
Now we are ten and good for two galleys.

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

JaneDavy
If it doesn't upset the numbers I would like to come too- thanks

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Andy Mac
Yes no probs Jane
Now we are eleven and good for two galleys.
See you Thursday

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Grahaml
Can I come? Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 27, 2015, at 9:33 AM, Andy Mac [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Geoff is away on his hols and has asked me to put a mid week row together.

Meet at the Mill 12.00 - noon. ( High water is approx 2.30 )

A moderate to fresh ENE breeze is forecast and its a big tide.

So I propose that we head off towards marker and across the Emsworth channel to the east side of the channel to enjoy the lee of the land. Then have a nose around marker point to enjoy a spot of seal watching.
Thereafter, head up into Emsworth for a cuppa or a pint and then gently homebound with a following breeze. Ferry boat could be an option, but it would likely be a hard slog against both wind and tide on the return journey.
Ron are you back yet and would you like to cox taking into account your injured achilles?
Please post in the usual way.
Thanks, Best

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Geoffs-Mid-week-Excursion-row-Thursday-1st-Oct-tp5571.html

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

nigel
I'd like to come along as well - but probably as a single rower in a Teifi, as I need to "jump ship" at 1-50 in Emsworth.

Re: ( Geoffs ) Mid week Excursion row Thursday 1st Oct

Hello all,
         Since Andy has so brilliantly arranged to deliver you all to my front door tomorrow I wondered if you might be prepared to pop in and help me christen my new home? I will provide some bagels and cake and a glass of bubbly or tea and the Pub is opposite if you'd prefer a pint :-). It will be a squeeze but its bigger than a couple of Galleys so I guess we'll fit  :-)